Kodak K100 camera footage

Michael Ryan

Hello All,

I shot a test roll of footage on a Kodak K100 camera that I had bought. This footage is from last summer (2007). I had a shot list where I recorded which lens I used and the film, but of course, I can't seem to find it now. The film was Kodak Tri-X or Plus-X (it looks like Plus-X to me). All the lenses were the original Kodak ones that came with the camera. It was all shot at 24 fps.

I was using my old Canon SLR as a light meter so it looks like I overexposed some of the footage by one or two stops? I shot all the footage hand-held which I can see now was a mistake. The film registration is actually very good, most of the movement is me not holding the camera very steady.

Shot in and around Oshawa, Stayner and Creemore, Ontario. For those of you beer drinkers out there the little town and building at the end is where they brew Creemore Spring Ale.

I also shot about 30 seconds of footage where some dialog was recorded (not included in this clip) and the dialog stayed in sync for about 18 seconds before it began to drift.

You can watch the clip here: http://blip.tv/file/993490/

Mike

• Premium Member
Hello All,

I shot a test roll of footage on a Kodak K100 camera that I had bought. This footage is from last summer (2007). I had a shot list where I recorded which lens I used and the film, but of course, I can't seem to find it now. The film was Kodak Tri-X or Plus-X (it looks like Plus-X to me). All the lenses were the original Kodak ones that came with the camera. It was all shot at 24 fps.

the code numbers on the edge of the film every 6 inches will identify the type. the key is on the Kodak site. Most recent stock is likly to say "kodak 72xy" on the edge print, but you may need to use a maginifier to see it.