Nizo 561 vs Nizo 561 macro

Andreas Leonardsen

My girlfriend bought me a Nizo 561 some time ago and I absolutely love it. Today I got a Nizo Schneider-Kreuznach ultra wide lense I in the mail thinking it would work with my camera, however, I discovered it was for the 561 macro.

Now I'm considering selling the 561 and getting a 561 macro instead, but it depends on what differences there are between the cameras. For example, does the macro have the time lapse (6fps) function?

any input will be appreciated!

Just how do they fare against one another? What does one have that the other does not etc.

My girlfriend bought me a Nizo 561 some time ago and I absolutely love it. Today I got a Nizo Schneider-Kreuznach ultra wide lense I in the mail thinking it would work with my camera, however, I discovered it was for the 561 macro.

Now I'm considering selling the 561 and getting a 561 macro instead, but it depends on what differences there are between the cameras. For example, does the macro have the time lapse (6fps) function?

any input will be appreciated!

Just how do they fare against one another? What does one have that the other does not etc.

You could just get a macro filter for the 561 for when you use the ultra wide....

• Premium Member

The Nizo 561 and Nizo 561 macro are identical but for the macro function of the later model. The intervalometer is identical on both cameras, too, so you will have the same time lapse capabilities.

I was originally a fan of the Schneider WWs, but they are extremely sensitive to scratching and the fish-eye look can grow a bit tiring as it's very visible, esp. on WWIII for large diameter lenses. If you want that look or absolutely need to gain on the 7mm wide angle of the 561, than I guess it's a requirement, but those 4mm to 5mm do come at a price in respect to optical quality.

If you need a macro function by itself, then get set of +1, +2, and +4 diopter close-up lenses. That would do the part for macrocinematography. Even Zeiss introduced them now for their Ultra and Master Primes.

Nate's suggestion never came to my mind: did you try it? and how's the quality?

Where could I acquire such a filter?

Freestyle, Ritz Camera, Wolf Camera, B&H Photo Video, KEH, any good camera shop will carry it. Just walk in with the wide-angle adaptor with camera and tell them "I need a close up filter that will screw into the back of this" Test out a few magnifications till you get the one you need.

• 4 months later...

thank you all for your replies and help,

I've found a macro filter at B+W that seems to work. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1120...ose_up_10.html#

however, i was wondering, is +10 the "official" macro characteristics? I mean, in the context of this thread, is a macro +10 the filter i need to make my wide angle lense work?

Hi;

Sorry no answer from me but I'd also like to know if any one has done this, I'm thinking of coupling a Nizo UWII with a non macro C-mount Schneider prime for something and think I may need to try something similar with a macro filter, it seems it could be a needle in a haystack to find the correct one if it even would work at all?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi;

Well it seems a +10 macro filter is just the ticket for this bind. I was able to get very crisp focus with my Schneider 10mm Cinegon/+10 macro/Wide aspheron combination. I intend to use it with a Schneider UWIII but did not have the correct step up ring around so have used a more compact but less extreme Bolex aspheron to test with for the time being. I'm hoping the UWIII will get me around a 5mm type field of view and be focus free for certain action shots I may face....... Hope this is of some help of interest to others.

post-35996-1226613075.jpg