Lighting a Large Gun Fight

Hi guys I've had the problem of lighting large Gun fights before, the main problem is that I can't really get good light on every single actor in a large scale gun fight scene, and that in these scenes everyone is moving in an out of places so far they don't stay in they're key light long enough for it to be worth putting there, so is there a couple techniques of tips you guys have on how to do this? Is it an issue of blocking the scene? I also would like to add I'm using some cheap home depot work lights and some clamp lights with 200 or so watt bulbs in them so is it an issue that my lights aren't powerful enough? for example would buying something from lowell or Omni give me a bigger key light spread allowing for more movement within that area? thankyou for any help, and I'm sorry if the post is a little confusing.

I would rent 4 powerful light sources Fresnel or HMI and take them as high as possible to prevent bad shadows. Then see when the actors go off light and add some softbank/kino flo directed towards their faces but hidden in the set (boxes or whatever that can hide them) so the actors can be seen anytime.