Film vs Red (lighthearted)

Sorry to resurrect this thread after so long, but I found this on YouTube today:

"Get me Kodak's number."

This obviously isn't as well-done as the RED one, but seeing all of the videos on there besides these two has got me wondering, which of the spoofs was the first?

Was it the RED one? The "Hitler gets a MAC" one, or "Hitler gets banned from 'World of Warcraft'".

An even more important question: Do the people who make these videos live in their basements all day?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

At a first glance I didn't notice the subtitles' content because I immediately went with the dialogue, and know you all, Bruno Ganz, the actor in the Hitler role, as a compatriot is not our best export. I just had a talk with a friend yesterday on Dällebach Kari, a 1970 production in black and white and 1:1.75, which excels every swiss movie. Anyway, this made me laugh at last, and the other versions, too.

At a first glance I didn't notice the subtitles' content because I immediately went with the dialogue, and know you all, Bruno Ganz, the actor in the Hitler role, as a compatriot is not our best export. I just had a talk with a friend yesterday on Dällebach Kari, a 1970 production in black and white and 1:1.75, which excels every swiss movie. Anyway, this made me laugh at last, and the other versions, too.

Yeah, sorry Simon. I forgot to mention that you'll want to turn the audio off if "Sprechen zie Deutche".

What'd be nic is if someone would dub over in German what is being said. Then again, what they've done on YouTube already is overkill. Doing a dub job would probably amount to "beating a dead horse".

Now, it had to come to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-7QoiOH9r0

Gerhard Polt dubs Adolf as about a car leasing contract. If one understands German that is so beautifully frantic it could easily be redone in Red versus film.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you, my friend. You do the dubbing, and I'll proof-read your sub-titles, deal?

Why can't people just take these things as the little jokes that they are, if anything it's a positive thing. It takes Adolf Hitler, perhaps the most monsterous of God's creations ever to walk tthis earth, and makes him into a figure of fun. I don't that can possbly be anything short of wonderful, Hitler absolutely must become the most ridiculous caricature in human history by the 100th anniversary of his ascent to power, and he's well on his way.

• Premium Member

Karl, it wasn't my intention to be grabby and then my synching abilities are much more on the technical side. I ain't any comedian.

Matthew, Hitler was a marionette. The real monsters team behind curtains. It takes rich people to start a war, not an psychotic unemployed artist painter. George Bush jun. is about the same heartily goofer monitored from beginning, and there are many more. Does anybody know why that apparatus was named RED at all ?