Business Card

Hi, this is kind of an amateurish question, but I'm getting my first business cards made and I'm considering including the link to my myspace page. My immediate reaction is that it would look unprofessional. But I have my resume, short films, and a list of festivals & awards which might be useful to the people I'll be giving my card to. My myspace page is dedicated to filimmaking so no pictures of me wasted with friends, etc.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

My suggestion would be to get an actual .com for yourself, and include that on your business card.

That way you can lay out your reel and resume in a clean, professional manner and not feel iffy about including the URL on correspondence and your business card.

A site will run you less than $100/year, and I'd say it's been well worth it for me.

Good luck!

• Premium Member

My website costs me $20 or so a year including hosting. That's through godaddy.com.

Just go for a real website. MySpace for businesses just looks unprofessional, in my opinion.

• Premium Member
Yeah I've been meaning to put up a website, now that I've graduated I'll have time to work on it...right after this feature I'm working on. Thanks for your input!

Brian

Good suggestions. I would add that I also got my website through GoDaddy but have taken over web duties from my friend who built my website. However,

since I'm not a web person, I got a .mac account and use the easy to do i-Web to build my pages, add text, photos, videos.

I no longer have to wait for somebody else to do these things. I can put up a special page for one person to see a video clip. I still use the .com

domain name bought from GoDaddy and people hit that and up comes my .mac pages with all my stuff.

Guest Glen Alexander

GoDaddy is spam central. All worst spammers filter through godaddy.com. Any traffic/email from GoDaddy get blocked.

Find a better one, google namecheap, etc

Myspace is visual and audio noise.

But what happens when MySpace suddenly goes out of style? Then you'll have to make new business cards to include the URL of the next in social networking site. Maybe I'm a snob, but whenever I see a MySpace URL on a business card, I tend to take it less seriously than if I saw a regular domain name. And YouTube...forget about it. :P

• Premium Member
GoDaddy is spam central. All worst spammers filter through godaddy.com. Any traffic/email from GoDaddy get blocked.

Find a better one, google namecheap, etc

Myspace is visual and audio noise.

I have never had any problem of any kind with GoDaddy. I have only been 100% pleased with their service and hosting.