video tap conversion installed on a Beaulieu 4008

Ray Friera

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't notice your post earlier.

No real "word to word" translation (too lazy for this) but here are the main informations :

- Name : ATVision

- designed to use your camera as never before (on a jig/crane...) complete liberty for your shoot !

- Easily connects to any video screen (PAL)

- Needs 12V power

Y'ouve seen it connected to a Beaulieu 4008 but they are aiming at using it on whatever camera, more information about their tests here.

As you can see they try to have the best result possible with any camera. Big idea is to keep the information you usually have on screen : exposure, running LED... but "full frame" versions are also possible.

At first, selling price was announced 350? (without taxes) but by making it compatible with various cameras they intend to reach 250? . Kits with power source, screen... will be created.

More information coming by the end of the year.

Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

It isn't my camera or zigview. I bumped into some info from this blog and thought to link the zigview to this thread. The zigview have been mentioned before and this guy is using one. So it can work.

There several models of zigview. You have to find an adaptable adapter to fix the zigview to the beaulieu. Of course there isn't a ready made one. Find the one with enough body to go around the eyepiece and then fix a meachnisme or a set of clamps to hold it in place. Possibly a nikon dk-7 ring could be easier to adapt to the eyepiece and then a zigview standard Nikon round-viewfinder piece could clip the zigview to the beaulieu. I suppose keeping the zig-eye close to the beaulieu is important too as the pupil exit is very small. It is a bit like viewing a poststamp at an armslength :)

Things should be easier with more modern viewfinder like on the nikon r10 or canon super-8. Although theses aren't real high eye-point either. Possibly the agfa movexoom 6 and 10 have the best viewfinder on that aspect.

Edited by Andries Molenaar

How long remains a reply open for edit? 5 minutes or less?

BTW Why do people want to film surfers from such a long distance and then use Super-8? With a pro8 budget the filmer might just as well use a 16mm camera. Plenty of telefocus on c-mount adapters there too. Costs per second are much alike.