Free 16mm Mag Stock

Andrew Bassett

Guest david west
I have a bunch of unused old 16mm mag stock that I am offering to anyone for the price of shipping. I don't want to see this go to waste.

hi Andrew,

is it b/w or color stock?

ill take it if its b/w as i have a processor that i am building and it could be used for test stock to get a rough idea how my project is coming along...

thanks,

david

hi,

my name is raymond. I want details how much stocks of 16mm do you have? i will pay for the shipment and etc... i am from malaysia. and we use 16mm stocks alot. sometimes i sne dover to my share partner studio in india. Do let me know if ure interested.

my email is : xmist23@gmail.com

Thanx

Raymond

Folks, mag stock usually used to refer to what was also known as fullcoat i.e 16mm stock which was coated with magnetic tape type stuff instead of film emulsion.

I suspect some of you are hoping it might be normal film that has a mag stripe but I think thats really, really unlikely as that was never really reffered to as mag stock.

The bottom line is this isn't stuff you would put in a camera but in a full coat recorder or a synchroniser.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion!

love

Freya

Freya is right. This is Magnetic 16mm sound recording stock. This is not film that you would put in a camera. It is for sound recording only. If you are familiar with what type of stock this is and can put it to use, it is yours. Just pay for shipping.

Hello Andrew,

I'm interested in your mag stock, where do you live ? And how many feet do you have (about) ?

My email address is: abouserge (at) gmail.com

Thanks a lot in advance and I wish you a very good Sunday,

Serge from Belgium.

Freya is right. This is Magnetic 16mm sound recording stock. This is not film that you would put in a camera. It is for sound recording only. If you are familiar with what type of stock this is and can put it to use, it is yours. Just pay for shipping.

Yes, I fully understand that. I have a fullcoat recorder, just having issues sourcing any.

Hello Andrew,

How many many feet do you have? And where are you located? I teach at a film school in Montreal, Canada and we still do a lot of double system projection and editing on Steenbecks.

Let me know...

Roy