Jim to open "Red Ranch" prod. facility in Las Vegas

Carl Brighton

New Red Ranch

Why nitroglycerine tablets?

Well, Post #87 from "Tom":

Lol, the haters at cinematography.com are going to have heart-attacks when they hear this news... Are they going to call the "Epic Burger" at your restaurant "vaporware"?

No, we aren't planning on blowing up anything. In small (nonexplosive) doses, nitroglycerine actually prevents heart attacks, and relieves angina. It's another of those medical treatments where you wonder how the hell they worked that out:-)

So exactly who are the "haters" here, and what exactly is it that you hate?

If Jannard and Co want to re-locate to Nevada, why would anybody here care?

Is it possible for them to set up such a facility? Of course it is.

Will it be a success? Who knows? Define "success".

Why are we going to have heart attacks?

Hands up everyone who owns a video production studio in the middle of a desert and feels threatened.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they are simply moving their HQ to NV. What's the big deal about that?

R,

Makes sense... tax reasons... several compaines are moving from LA or California to Vegas... cheaper taxes... cheaper health costs for them so they can cover their employees with the same or better plans and it doesn't cost them an arm and a leg...

Also its just the normal thing... when it gets slow... someone comes here and picks a fight...

• Premium Member
Also its just the normal thing... when it gets slow... someone comes here and picks a fight...

Hi,

Jim wrote on CML that Scarlet is competition for the F23. It's previousely been mentioned that Scarlet will have a greater dynamic range than Red one. As Red one & Scarlet are not supposed to be competing products I am a little confused.

Stephen

• Premium Member

I don't see how a camera with a fixed zoom lens that's a very slow T2.8 can be competition for a camera that takes DigiPrimes nearly 2 stops faster and whose dynamic range is already better than the Red One.

• Premium Member
I don't see how a camera with a fixed zoom lens that's a very slow T2.8 can be competition for a camera that takes DigiPrimes nearly 2 stops faster and whose dynamic range is already better than the Red One.

Hi Max,

Hopefully they won't use the same people for the lens mechanics that built the 18-50.

Stephen

• Premium Member

A lot depends on how the Scarlet lens works for focus pullers. If it turns out to be a reasonable design, it might be interesting to test for sitcoms.

-- J.S.

A lot depends on how the Scarlet lens works for focus pullers. If it turns out to be a reasonable design, it might be interesting to test for sitcoms.

-- J.S.

It begs the question, why bother making a 3K camera with a fixed zoom lens then? Totally self defeating INMO. Even a c-mount lens port would be infinitely better than that. Scheneider still makes some sweet 2/3" c-mount lenses, in addition to Fujinon, Pentax, Kowa etc.

It begs the question, why bother making a 3K camera with a fixed zoom lens then? Totally self defeating INMO. Even a c-mount lens port would be infinitely better than that. Scheneider still makes some sweet 2/3" c-mount lenses, in addition to Fujinon, Pentax, Kowa etc.

Seems the Scarlet would then cost a lot more because the market for cameras with interchangeable lenses is a lot smaller than for cameras with fixed lenses.

Hi,

Jim wrote on CML that Scarlet is competition for the F23. It's previousely been mentioned that Scarlet will have a greater dynamic range than Red one. As Red one & Scarlet are not supposed to be competing products I am a little confused.

Stephen

That comment on CML was followed by a :-)

It obviously shouldn't be taken seriously.

Huh?

I made no comment about Jannard's plans, or his cameras or anything related to them.

The only thing I was making fun of was that ridiculous fanboy post about "haters having a heart attack".

I occasionally dredge bits of useful information out of all the pathetic tripe that gets posted on Reduser, but man, it's hard work sometimes.

The signal-to-noise ratio over here is much higher, but the stations don't broadcast as much:-)

Sounds like they are simply moving their HQ to NV. What's the big deal about that?

R,

Well, they're moving further away from you. That should make you feel safer :D

The whole thing is probably a bit of a gamble, so they're moving to the right state. :P

Well, they're moving further away from you. That should make you feel safer :D

The whole thing is probably a bit of a gamble, so they're moving to the right state. :P

Hmmmm, Nevada is CLOSER to Ontario than California, check ye olde map.

R,

Hi Richard,

That explains it clearly, so Dark Reprive II will be shot on Epic then ;)

Stephen

Ah, what's Epic?

FYI, impossible to do a sequel....you'll see why when I mail you your copy at the end of this month.

R,

Hmmmm, Nevada is CLOSER to Ontario than California, check ye olde map.

R,

I do apologize.

I'm forever confusing British Columbia with Colombia in South America. :lol:

I hear it's never been the same since they sold the place to Sony.

Actually, I was confusing Nevada with Arizona.

Red Headquarters will probably become known as "Area 52".

• Premium Member
Ah, what's Epic?

FYI, impossible to do a sequel....you'll see why when I mail you your copy at the end of this month.

R,

Hi Richard,

Epic is a new camera Red has in the pipe line, smaller & over twice the price of the Red One. They are also talking about a free sensor upgrade for first cameras. The ultimate film slayer according to a thread on RedUser.

I am looking forward to receiving my copy of DR.

Stephen