Gate Swapping?

Allen Achterberg

I recently shot a project with a 3-perf S35 PV GII, and we need to grab some additional shots. Since we are shooting some high speed we are going with a Pan-Arri III and it just came to mind, I assume they will but clarification would be nice. If we shot 4-perf super 35 will they need to swap out the gate for that after transferring all of our 3-perf? seems obvious but I dont know for sure so I ask.

If so how long does that usually take for them to do that? Maybe I'm better off looking into the Panastar, I assume they've got that bugger in 3-perf but not sure bout the Arri III. If it's a pretty good time loss, I'll call Panavision tomorrow and figure this out. Time is Money right?

Edited by Allen Achterberg

• Premium Member
I recently shot a project with a 3-perf S35 PV GII, and we need to grab some additional shots. Since we are shooting some high speed we are going with a Pan-Arri III and it just came to mind, I assume they will but clarification would be nice. If we shot 4-perf super 35 will they need to swap out the gate for that after transferring all of our 3-perf? seems obvious but I dont know for sure so I ask.

If so how long does that usually take for them to do that? Maybe I'm better off looking into the Panastar, I assume they've got that bugger in 3-perf but not sure bout the Arri III. If it's a pretty good time loss, I'll call Panavision tomorrow and figure this out. Time is Money right?

Hi,

You need to talk to your telecine house. If the have a Spirit it's no problem, just flick a switch.

Stephen