Bourne Ultimatum Color Grade

John Allen

I just wondering if anyone knew how to get the same greenish/magenta color grade that bourne ultimatum has without changing the color temp. on the face. Also, if you have any links to how that might be achieved. It seems that most of the "Action" films these days are starting to like to use this DI technique.

Yes that's what I thought at first, but it just doesn't look right. See in the movie, there were areas that were green but then there were other areas that were normal. So that must mean that they obviously didn't just change the Highlight. Hmmm, I wonder, it's almost as if they lit it that way, but I'm positive it was made in DI.

I also saw the greenish/magenta look in Pirates 3 and it was the same, it was in some places but not all. I don't know, it might be just cause I suck at Apple's Color software. I just got it so it still feels a little like I'm in a airplane, and staring down at all the buttons. lol

Oh man I am soooo stupid. The reason why a lot of movies were like that was cause my little brother set my tv's settings for 3d, so thats why it was so greenish and magenta. Anyway I actually still like it, it looks really interesting.

:D

:huh:

:o

I read the interview on this website for ASC and the movie's DoP mentioned that even though the film had DI finish he tried always to achieve the look of the film while shooting itself.

Check the website. Cool interview. He explained all the good technics he had used ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks Nathesh! I definetley will check it out. :)

Oh and since your new you might not know this, but I think this forum requires you to have your full name. Just thought you'd like to know, before someone else chews you out for it.