SuperVista16

Paul Bruening

• Premium Member
How's about this one?

Hi Paul,

What would the point be? 16mm cameras are not that quiet already at normal speed, with the film moving 4 times faster I think that could be an issue. People have shot 2 or 3 frames wide 16mm AFAIK. Also a 400' load would last 3 minutes, 2 perf 35mm makes more sense to me.

Stephen

• Premium Member

SV16 @ 2.39:1, 1.18" x .493", Area= .58

Academy: .866" x .630" Area= .55

S35mm @ 2.40:1 .980" x .408" Area= .40

Anamorphic 2x1 @ 2.35:1, .866" x .732" Area= .634

T-scope @ 2.40:1 .868" x .373", Area= .324

(though I'm not sure of the Anamorphic numbers from Wikipedia) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_formats

Doesn't mean you cant design one. You've got paper and something to draw with dont you? a calculator and the internet....

I have faith in your. Put your Idea down. Draw it out, get down and dirty and make a blue-print. get help with the mechanical (if needed) and electrical. You have the resources. I mean, a PCB is something you can make at home. in your friggin kitchen.

• Premium Member

Thanks, Allen. I appreciate your kind words.

Hi Paul,

What would the point be? 16mm cameras are not that quiet already at normal speed, with the film moving 4 times faster I think that could be an issue. People have shot 2 or 3 frames wide 16mm AFAIK. Also a 400' load would last 3 minutes, 2 perf 35mm makes more sense to me.

Stephen

This one isn't my favorite idea. About the only value to this that I can pull off the top of my head is getting a 35mm anamorphic resolution range at about the same film and lab costs. But, you'd get that scope framing with cheaper, wider and faster, SLR (spherical) lenses. So, it's a gain format overall (if you didn't count the cost of a custom built camera). A 1000' mag would run just under 7 minutes and wouldn't be too clumsy if configured coaxially. Scans would be a hassle.