New Website for Feature

Hey everyone. I just finished the website for the feature I'm trying to get off the ground. Any advice on how to make this more attractive to investors or producers would be greatly appreciated! Or any other advice in general would be very helpful.

www.lighthousenights.com

Thanks!

Jake

Edited by Jake Vander Ark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roland Zagonyi

As for the site, it looks pretty good. You should add the ?r? to the word ?Ontario? and the images under synopsis and characters get in the way of the navigation bar.

I like your use of shadows in some of the shots in the trailer. I think you could have used colors more to your advantage. There?s too much yellow and green for a film that should feel dark red, dark purple, and dark blue. The story line seems dark enough to allow you to make a majority of the film dark and depressing. I think lighter scenes would work for the Jules and Gabe story, which I can tell you did, but at the same time, it?s hard for me to judge it because I don?t where the scenes in the trailer came from. I can say that the lighter scenes in the trailer throw me off, especially when I see Gabe alone in a light scene (Jules and Gabe together makes sense even out of context) or when I see the girls running down the light hallway. I think the music should be more depressing too. Aside from that, Ikea storms lamps may be helpful in the bedroom scene, and you should definitely throw some paintings like the ones on the site under synopsis into the scenes or even show somebody painting them.

I know you?re not asking for advice on directing, and I can tell that the mood of this film is important to you, so I feel obligated to let you know that I don?t see the trailer representing the mood that I felt when I was reading the synopsis. If you set the mood right in the trailer, then I think it will help you reel investors in. That's just my subjective opinion...I see potential, but I see barriers too.

Great design on that site!!! Well-done!!!

I didn't explore it all that much yet (got errands to do now), but what you might consider doing for character summaries is to include photos of actual talent.

No, I'm not talking about the final folks you're going to use because you haven't casted themyet, but even if you pull stock shots of the character "types," that really jhelps you tell the story better than illustration artwork.

Know what I mean? Like, if you had a character of a 75-year-old guy who runs a candy store (remember those?), a photo of an old guy does a good job of explaining the characterization for that role.