FREE stuff

Allen Achterberg

I am giving away an 8th Edition ASC Manual (blue) and an Arricam Book by Jon Fauer. I dont want to sell, just give them away. The Arricam Book is still in the wrapper. My Manual is used, but in pretty good usable condition. It sat at the bottom of my Assistants Bag and was used on set often, so there are some loose bindings.

I'm also giving away "Cinematography" third edition by Kris Malkiewics and the Forums own M. David Mullen. It was a good read. In good new condition.

Write me an email (not here on the forums I dont have the storage for the messages) and tell me a little about you, where you are at and what your plans are.

AllenAchterberg@gmail.com

Best

Allen

Cinematography book by Malkiewics and Mullen is taken.

No more emails please, I'm having a tough time deciding who to share the Manual With. Thank you all very much for your interest, I'm sorry if you missed out on a Book, but don't worry, I have more to share so keep checking!

Best

Allen

• 14 years later...

Hi guys, 

Sorry to dig up the old thread. 

I am looking to buy the Arricam Book but I am having a hard time deciding if I should get the 1st or 2nd generation. I have an upcoming shoot with an LT 2-perf (still searching for it). But I am not sure yet if the LT is 1st or 2nd generation. To be honest up until today I didnt know there were 2 generations of the LT. 

Should I just go for the second generation?

Thanks!

It's because I came across this in another thread. 

"If you buy the book second hand, then make sure if you will use the first or the second edition of the Arricam LT. If you will use a second edition camera, then buy the second edition of the book. In this edition also the new features are explained."

Actually he wasn't referring to the camera as a generation but an edition not sure what he meant by this. 

I guess its better to just try and buy the second edition?

Thanks

• Premium Member

Well there is only one iteration of the Arricam LT, Arri never released an LT 2 or an LT Advanced, so if there was a first version it can’t be very different. I imagine maybe just a few accessories hadn’t been released when Fauer wrote the first edition of his Arricam book.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Dom Jaeger said:

Well there is only one iteration of the Arricam LT, Arri never released an LT 2 or an LT Advanced, so if there was a first version it can’t be very different. I imagine maybe just a few accessories hadn’t been released when Fauer wrote the first edition of his Arricam book.

There was an early version of the Arricam LT that had a different control panel. It says so in Fauer's book.

• Like 1