DALSA

Syrous Nabatian

Dear valued forum members,

Let me begin by introducing myself;

My name is Syrous Nabatian and here at DALSA I hold the title of " Manager of Production Operations/Camera Department", I know, it's a mouthful,lol.

Now that the UN-pleasantries are out of the way lets start with answers to some of the questions you had:

The good news is we do have production grade Evolution cameras in house, the bad news is they are booked and some are on projects as we speak.

Not to worry my fellow film makers and camera enthusiasts, I do have a couple of Beta units available in house for you to play with.

Also on the news front, in addition to Codex recording units we now offer S2 recorders; which is a flexible as well as compact option!

We also conduct classes and training twice a month, for those that are interested please go to our website and register; you might even win a prize ;) .

Since this is my first post on this forum I'm going to extend my personal "special offer" to the first five email responses to the post!

Now the offer;

If you qualify you get to shoot your own 5 minute short with the Evolution camera (based upon camera availability). That means we will walk you trough the DE-bayering process, show you how to render your material and show you a cost effective solution to capture and use 4k Raw.

You will meet DALSA digital Executive team over lunch and have a couple of laughs in the process.

You will receive some goodies at the end of the day from our Marketing Department.

You will also meet the Dalsa Technical staff in case you work on a project with the Evolution in the future, and we will run you through the "do's and don'ts" on the camera.

For more details on the offer you can contact me via my email or simply pick up the phone and call me!

I also would like to know what you think about posts like this?

Do you find it useful?

Do you find it helpful?

Would you like to see more posts like this?

Suggestions you might have?

Let me know...

My contact info is below, and yes please send email to my linked mail in this forum if possible. My corporate email has a tendency of blocking emails :( I want to make sure I pay close and personal attention to each and everyone's inquiry.

Syrous Nabatian | Digital Cinema Division. | Manager Production Operations/Cam. Department

* 6160 Variel Ave. | Woodland Hills,CA 91367| ( (818)884-7000 ext.4200| E-Mail: syrous.nabatian@dalsa.com :lol:

• Premium Member

Personally I find it Quite useful to have reps form the camera manufacturers on the board. I find that as the camera permeates the market place more, there will be more Q and A for you.

Pity I?m So far from your offices, else I would love to stop down.

Jim,

So far i could say "Yes" but my day has tendency of imploding sometimes, but defiantly are planing to be there.

See you at DV Expo

Cheers,

I'll be sure to drop by and say Hi, and I imagine there are a few others who lurk around these parts who plan to be there, too. Looking forward to seeing the new stuff. :)

• Premium Member

Hi Syrous,

Any chance of Dalsa making it across the pond? Would love to shoot a short on it, but think it might be quite expensive to recreate dirty London locations in LA! Also do you have any plans for anamorphic options with the evolution?

thanks for getting involved with the forum,

all the best,

Keith

Hi Syrous,

Any chance of Dalsa making it across the pond? Would love to shoot a short on it, but think it might be quite expensive to recreate dirty London locations in LA! Also do you have any plans for anamorphic options with the evolution?

thanks for getting involved with the forum,

all the best,

Keith

Keith,

We already are across the Pond. Our local affiliate in UK is Movie tech. They currently have a full origin package at their facility in London.

Here is the contacts name;

David Palmer

+44 (0) 1753 650007-T

+44 (0) 1753 650006_F

David.Palmer@movietech.co.uk

www.movietech.co.uk

Hope this helps!

BTW - just tell them i sent you they will take care of you. :lol:

Cheers,