smallformat ends its run

Jurgen Lossau

• Premium Member
Sad to hear this, one more setback for small format enthusiasts.

How can something be a setback when the magazine arrived 15 years after Super-8 was supposed to be gone?

I wasn't real impressed with billing services.

I paid 142 dollars last year for first class service, that was what Paypal charged me.

I knew that was too much but I paid it anyways. I was billed this year for 79 or 99, but whenever I emailed back and explained that I had paid 142 dollars last year, can I get a partial credit, I would NEVER hear back.

Just another bill would show up reflecting the bill with no credit applied. I hope my experience was not the norm.

How can something be a setback when the magazine arrived 15 years after Super-8 was supposed to be gone?

I wasn't real impressed with billing services.

I paid 142 dollars last year for first class service, that was what Paypal charged me.

I knew that was too much but I paid it anyways. I was billed this year for 79 or 99, but whenever I emailed back and explained that I had paid 142 dollars last year, can I get a partial credit, I would NEVER hear back.

Just another bill would show up reflecting the bill with no credit applied. I hope my experience was not the norm.

The weak spot was the administration of the subscriptions at the publisher's end. I expect they lost scores of subscribers (if not hundreds) by their poor handling of e-mail enquiries and their offensive bureaucratic handling when people actually made it through the first subscription.

But I must say the other magazine, super8today, is hardly any better. They excell especially at not answering simple questions. And thus not selling anything around $100

Edited by Andries Molenaar