Arrested Development, The OC

Anyone watching FOX's new comedy series, "Arrested Development"? It's an okay show, it has its moments...

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the show is shot on. Highlights burn out really quickly, which makes me think HD. However, the way shadows come out remind me of film (specifically 16/S16). However, there are scenes that are obviously shot with "No Shutter" (1/24th sec), which is a clear giveaway that it was shot on video. I was wondering if the show is a mix format of HD and film, or exclusively HD.

Also, FOX's show "The OC." I haven't seen it in awhile, but from what I remember of the look, I am certain it is shot on 16 or S16. Just seeing if anyone can confirm that.

Thanks.

Anyone watching FOX's new comedy series, "Arrested Development"? It's an okay show, it has its moments...

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the show is shot on. Highlights burn out really quickly, which makes me think HD. However, the way shadows come out remind me of film (specifically 16/S16). However, there are scenes that are obviously shot with "No Shutter" (1/24th sec), which is a clear giveaway that it was shot on video. I was wondering if the show is a mix format of HD and film, or exclusively HD.

Also, FOX's show "The OC." I haven't seen it in awhile, but from what I remember of the look, I am certain it is shot on 16 or S16. Just seeing if anyone can confirm that.

Thanks.

I recently saw an ad in Millimeter saying Arrested Development was shot on the Varicam. No mention of any 16 or 35 work.

Paul

• 1 month later...