35mm Lens Adapters

I have a few great prime lenses for a Pentax K-1000 still camera of mine, one in particular, a fisheye lens, that I'd like to adapt to motion pictures. The most accessible camera for me to use at the moment would be a Sony PMW-EX3 and it does have an adapter for 35mm lenses, however my PENTAX lens is a K-Mount and I'm quite certain there is an adapter out there that would allow me to fit this lens to the EX3.

Anyone know a readily available source to get lens adapters, hopefully inexpensively?

I find the ultra-wide fisheye look is very fun for tracking characters in close quarters (Chris Doyle shot the majority of Fallen Angels in a similar way) and would love to experiment with it myself.

Cheers.

Andrew

• Premium Member

Most you'll find will be Nikon/PL/Canon (probably in that order).

For adapters, I like the Letus offerings, personally. And actually they have a K mount

http://www.letusdirect.com/cart/letus-lens-mounts.html.

This will fit to any Letus, so you can buy just that and rent a letus later ;)

If you're looking for as cheap as you can get, I found this guy on the internet who builds them for HV20's and 30's:

http://web.me.com/jehug/JAG35.com/Products.html

I actually ordered one for my HV20 and it works great for the price. (I also have three Pentax K-mount lens. Search eBay for an EOS to K-Mount adapter ring.) It doesn't have a prism so you have to get an inverted monitor. And I'm not sure if this can be adapted to work with your camera. Anyway, if your looking for something better, I've seen some awesome footage from the Letus adapters.

Edited by Adam Orton