Troublemakers

Stephen Williams

• Premium Member

Jarred Land at Reduser wrote:-

"Well this has been interesting. Simon Smith is a man of many faces.

Emanuel, Filmakers Gang, Gordon Prince, Don King, Ceaser, filmmaker1977, FMG battery, Simon Smith, Mr. White.. and a few others... all the same guy.

All banned now mind you.. but disappointing to see. "

• Premium Member
Jarred Land at Reduser wrote:-

"Well this has been interesting. Simon Smith is a man of many faces.

Emanuel, Filmakers Gang, Gordon Prince, Don King, Ceaser, filmmaker1977, FMG battery, Simon Smith, Mr. White.. and a few others... all the same guy.

All banned now mind you.. but disappointing to see. "

Is that the same Emmanuel who posts here in English of varying incomprehensibility but always perfect spelling?

• Premium Member

Bloody useless forum software they use over there. No wonder Redcode is so flakey :lol:

Because JarRED has deleted a lot of posts instead of simply erasing their content, the search function is shot to Hell. The software automatically renumbers everything instead of simply marking the posts as deleted, but the indexing function doesn't follow suit.

The news run fast...

Yes, I am the person referred but not anyone of those above-mentioned troublemakers. As far as I know, Emanuel never was a troublemaker -- well, I hope! :-)

I am used to be a polite person, anyway. Sorry, but I had to say it (now, it's not regarding to any of you two).

I am also not used to post being hidden and using fake accounts, avatars or something like that.

I am upset with all this. Because there will be people who will connect me with some content posted @reduser.net.

On the other hand, I have some connections with people there and here, such as you Stephen. This bothers me.

Me and Jarred, we've been in touch today. Here is part of the email -- the rest is private stuff, where you can make conclusions of your own:

« (...)

BTW, my connection to the filmmaker's gang -- actually, this is a joke of my partners about me, it has been posted @your_website, at least, one or two times. I read it there (@reduser.net and @dvxuser.com too if I am not wrong). But, don't think I am the poster there! Several people are used to post from there. It isn't difficult to get there are different styles of writing, when it isn't the same person to translate what others want to say. Not everybody speak the same language or can write english in order to express themselves with all you.

On the other hand, there are a lot of noise, sometimes. Part of this, misunderstandings about the trades, etc.

Unfortunately, I am not always ready to police everyone all the time with there postings 'cause I am teaching or working away.

All this is very unpleasant, as we all know. We have here a group of people, an association (actually, two different associations, I'm not sure if you know this kind of structures @US, a sort of non-profit organisation dedicated to arthouse production and creation, education and training, workshops organisation, etc.). Besides, as you can follow @my_profile in the link there provided.

(...) »

• Premium Member

Hi Emanuel,

Can you tell me what all the fuss is about, the delete fairy has been working hard overnight so it does not make any sense to me. I notice on several threads the last couple of pages are not accessible, I believe this is because several pages of thread have been deleted.

Stephen

lol... told you.. crazy person!! 10+ different accounts?? lmao emanuel. it's gonna be so great now that we can go back and read some of your whacky posts where you are actually debating and agreeing with yourself.. lol.. priceless. how many user names do you have on this forum?

Hi Emanuel,

Can you tell me what all the fuss is about, the delete fairy has been working hard overnight so it does not make any sense to me. I notice on several threads the last couple of pages are not accessible, I believe this is because several pages of thread have been deleted.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I can't have any idea. As you can imagine, this is really upsetting and confusing. I could be in touch with some of my partners, with Jarred too, after having access to reduser.net with just one information: «IP banned». I entered in touch with him. That's when I could take perception of the story.

Since he should be sleeping now, I am not sure yet if it is everything alright with my account's posts, Emanuel. Or even Emanuel & Co where only three persons are allowed to post from there. My closest partners and loyal support, including myself, even though I don't remember to have posted from there. It wasn't any secret account indeed. With my name in between. I remember to have received PMs addressed to me (Emanuel) @ Emanuel & Co that one of my colleagues were used to forward to my Emanuel account. That account was there for avoiding any confusion between myself and these two persons.

About other accounts, I can't respond for the others' actions. I am sorry.

I sincerely thought that a lot of people knew or could know about our group. If I am not wrong, a member in this forum, Mathew Phillips had posted once something related to filmmaker's gang account @ reduser.net. And one of my partners there (not any one of those two already mentioned) had answered to him something like it is true. We shared or had the same IP, he wrote. I read it. Therefore, nothing new.

Moreover, it has been notorious that there were different people posting from some of those accounts, different levels of english. Also 'cause there is someone who is used to help in translation. When the text didn't have more than one authors in between.

There are a few jokers in my group, yes indeed. Creative people...you know. But, anyway, we all are serious and working people as far as work is concerned. Of course, now I am mad with all this situation.

We can have our different points of view. I've tried to unite this group. And I hope this won't be the beginning of something really bad for our common project. I hope not. We are several people. When we have more than one head to think, it is not easy to have consensus. So far, I have had some control. Even towards some people outside with who a few of them were used to argue (you know), I could change some minds. Although, it is not easy! If you ever had any touch with associations, cooperatives and other kind of this sort of structures, you understand my words. And I began my experience as administrator, manager of this type of organisations in early 90s. Now, we are only in the beginning of two digits. On the other hand, when I began my career as 'Sheperd' ;-) there were more than 20.000 members (can you imagine?) -- in another organisation since 1992 to 1996/97. Difficult leading times, I must confess. Even worst than now. The board of directors were 10 (1992/93) among men and women (although in minority, unfortunately). The fights were too usual. Several of them, now, are politicians with other level of responsibility, well placed in Brussels too.

Regarding this case now, there are also some misconceptions and misunderstandings concerning the recent changes. Since last NAB, actually, most part. Also language barriers.

Stephen, it is not easy to lead, you know? Perhaps, I hadn't done a good job leading us (a few of them are rebel as young people). Or I had to change my method. I am sad.

Emanuel :-)

lol... told you.. crazy person!! 10+ different accounts?? lmao emanuel. it's gonna be so great now that we can go back and read some of your whacky posts where you are actually debating and agreeing with yourself.. lol.. priceless. how many user names do you have on this forum?

I can't surely have any idea. I hope that my two last posts may help you as far as your curiosity is concerned. Thanks for your interest.

Lol, what you were doing was trolling. Don't act surprised that you got tossed out the front window of the saloon uncerimoniously... Your particular brand of "english" is so distinctive, dude, that there is no way other people were doing that, from your IP. :)

Lol, what you were doing was trolling. Don't act surprised that you got tossed out the front window of the saloon uncerimoniously... Your particular brand of "english" is so distinctive, dude, that there is no way other people were doing that, from your IP.

Also because that's you who posted, Tom, I will comment. Think whatever you wish. For your information, not even one of us is a native english speaker. Some of us don't speak english at all. Got it? Probably, you should think everyone speak your native english... There is a person with a better level of english who is used to help and correct in translation. It is possible sometimes you may find some similarities. Believe it or not. Just for mentioning my case, before three years ago, I wasn't even used to write or try to write in english. Simply, it was never necessary. I believe for some of my partners, it is or may be the same reality. Even though, the things have changed with this web boom. First dvxuser.com, later RED with reduser.net.

Otherwise, as far as I well know the people involved, 'to lie' or 'lying' (perhaps you may give a help here with your english) would always be a forbidden word. I hope it has always been too. POVs is another different story. Hope you may agree with myself on this, at least. Correct me if I am wrong.

If I am well remembered, one of my last private messages traded with Jim (and Jarred too, I think), I had mentioned my connection to the poster of Mr. White account (not myself posting there, OK?) -- just as one example. Without referring the other one already posted. Or others which don't come up my mind now.

And please give to myself one only reason about my reasons for trolling! As sport? You don't have any idea about my life.

On your « Don't act surprised that you (...) » I won't even comment. In spite of this, if you already knew this whole set of similarities why are you posting your «I've got you» only now?

Yet for your information, on my group, there has been who never had a good impression on your posts. I don't have idea why. Probably, a matter of personality. If you paid attention to anyone from here who had been in touch with you, it wouldn't be difficult to notice the different minds. If you didn't notice, it is your problem. Not mine, sorry. A few of others are used to say, you show off this or that. Never myself. There are different sensibilities into each other. I don't expect you may believe it. But, that's the way that it is.

Last but not least, this is not my personal IP, capice? I don't have nothing against other ways of life, but not everyone have OR use web access from their own homes. We are used to do this from a place shared by all. Everyone pay the common bills at the end of the month. And this is not a public place, just an association (there are two of them, actually). Later at certain point, they shall be cooperatives.

Please, don't talk about you don't have idea. Because, you can't. You surely can speak freely. The problem is: not from inside the facts. Therefore, what can we call it?

dude, stop. it's over. better get yourself another user name. oh, i got one: "patizio de sica"! lol. also, i thought that "gordon prince" and "filmmakers gang" where based in paris? but now you're all sharing the same space? i guess they moved to italy then.. seriously though, you've been doing this since dvxuser.com. it's really not a good thing for internet forums with (ab)users like yourself. can't even begin to imagine what you have caused over at reduser.net..

I know very well who I am and what I've done, my unfriendly fellow. :(

And where I am, BTW. What you're saying is completely silly 'cause you don't know the facts. See my posts above-posted.

I hope you had traced that «patizio de sica» succeeding the tip I posted regarding that filmmaker's gang post @reduser.net where one of the persons somehow connected to myself had replied to Matthew Phillips, correct? If not, I am sure you can read it there. I remember to have read it. Although, it isn't this same person who wrote this now.

Trolling @reduser.net?... :blink:

@dvxuser.com? :blink: :blink:

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. What more do you want to accuse myself?

I respond for what I'm doing or have done, NOT for anyone else. Nonetheless, I am here. For the people I've chosen to work with? Yes, even when I may not believe in the way they chose. I didn't run away.

For your information, I would never hurt what I like and believe from day one. There is a lot of work involved. You don't believe. To each his own.

Emanuel, I was only kidding with you -- making a joke. Just having fun. Don't take it so seriously. Did you notice that my post started with "Lol..." ?

I was always nice to "FMG battery" and "gang" and played along with those characters....

Edited by Tom Lowe

I always thought Mr. Emanuel A Guedes, was Red's number one supporter, how could any one think he would be trolling on a Red site. Makes no sense?

R,

It doesn't make any sense. It should be funny it there wasn't my name unfairly involved. The IP thing never stopped my sleep. If I had traced the IP of any of the anonymous content received at my email account in any of the institutions where I've worked as lecturer/instructor, I would probably find the same as mine.

• Premium Member
It doesn't make any sense. It should be funny it there wasn't my name unfairly involved. The IP thing never stopped my sleep. If I had traced the IP of any of the anonymous content received at my email account in any of the institutions where I've worked as lecturer/instructor, I would probably find the same as mine.

Where have you worked as a "lecturer/instructor"?

Part (it's a resume and it's outdated) you can trace me via a simple link you can find following my reduser.net profile/signature. It was my fault. Used to deal with many people using the same IP, I ignored you would easily link the same internet protocol to the same person. And it would be easier to not believe it. Especially, when there's a real face and name (from minute one with or without real names policy) behind. I am too naive. Who cares if there are a bunch of others?

Yes, Karapetkov, despite it's not the usual filmmakers gang poster with who you're using to deal who's saying it to you now. Don't you notice? I would, 'cause we have different opinions regarding a lot of things. As far as RED is concerned too. Although, who I am referring had changed his mind backward and forward more than once. Didn't you ever notice? I am sorry for saying it, but I had some contribution only concerning the good changes. :-)

It does seem too funny to think that anyone couldn't be aware of IPs, cookies, etc. when everybody knows that even a simple banner (as forum signature) can identify the country, town, IP number where you/we're posting. Until October 30 2007, we were used to have two computers with web access. Now, only one computer is connected. Just for the case if anyone will say it later. From now, it's nothing new. It is posted now even if nobody cares (if I could, I would make you notice of other links).

• Premium Member

My wife loves to surf Fark.com. She passes on the funny stuff to me. They've got some acutely intelligent and perceptive folks over there. They are also ruthless with trollers. Curiously, they also play a game called faux trolling. Some of them will take a new persona and weave themselves into threads. The name of the game seems to be to play-in and see how long it takes to be caught. C.com is generally so well behaved and civilized that I'm afraid we're not so practiced at catching and dealing with trolls.

• Premium Member
Two things are happening here, Emanuel is either translating everything he types through Babelfish. Or the more likely scenario, he's a chatbot...

http://nlp-addiction.com/chatbot/eliza/

That is interesting. I didn't know there was such a thing. I did ask it some gibberish questions and it answered as if they were legitimate. I assume it has a standard answer set based on a syntactical analysis. It seems to replug the nouns and verbs into set reactions. Are they all like this or are some more sophisticated?

Two things are happening here, Emanuel is either translating everything he types through Babelfish. Or the more likely scenario, he's a chatbot...

http://nlp-addiction.com/chatbot/eliza/

Not confirmed either. I never got why a few of you are always joking with others who don't speak natively your language. This is not well seen in my own territoire. Try to ask to any non-native english european speaker. Nonetheless, a few anglo boys always think you look good in the picture. BTW for a few of you (or for all of a few of you), parlez-vous français? Parli italiano? ¿Hablas castellano? Falas português?

Mr. Earl, any good online tool such as babelfish is not enough for learning, Sir. We have a couple of people ready for help the others when anyone is looking for... help.

That is interesting. I didn't know there was such a thing.

Invention of some poster using Jim Murdoch account. 1st poster to post it. Next ones? Just clones with lack of originality. For any reason, I don't remember to have read anything like that coming from Stephen, for instance.