unofficial Demo Reel

I'm not really sending it out trying to get work with it. Put it together moreso because I was bored. A little repetitive, long (4 minutes) and nothing spectacular. But if you find yourself a little bored have a look. tell me what you liked, what you didn't like comments and suggestions. let's talk about it. I'm not ready to have a complete reel yet and push myself as a DP just yet, but soon enough!

(the snow mobiles-pick ups, we had one of the actors and underexposure was suggested to get wide shots without noticing the actors faces)

Thanks!

oh and the music is from Perfume-Story of a murderer (I loved the movie and soundtrack!)

Edited by Allen Achterberg

I'm not really sending it out trying to get work with it. Put it together moreso because I was bored. A little repetitive, long (4 minutes) and nothing spectacular. But if you find yourself a little bored have a look. tell me what you liked, what you didn't like comments and suggestions. let's talk about it. I'm not ready to have a complete reel yet and push myself as a DP just yet, but soon enough!

(the snow mobiles-pick ups, we had one of the actors and underexposure was suggested to get wide shots without noticing the actors faces)

Thanks!

oh and the music is from Perfume-Story of a murderer (I loved the movie and soundtrack!)

I would tighten things up a little bit. Make it about half as long. Looked great though. Nice work.

Thank you guys for your kind word, and helpful responses. I shoot about 70 percent on 35mm. I really push for 35mm since it's forgiving and is hard to make look badly.

I've worked as a First Assistant Camera for about 5 years, and have been shooting as a DP during that time on and off, not completely letting go of my 1st AC title. I'm in no rush.

I certainly plan on tightening it all up a lot, and making it shorter. I am moving at a slow pace however, I don't feel I've got enough good stuff to show, so thats why this reel ended up being long takes etc.

Thanks again!

Allen