Nighttime Driving sequence in rain

I'm going to be working on a project in a few months that will require a nighttime driving sequence during rain. If at all possible, I'd rather shoot the car's interior without it actually moving (the illusion created by light passing over the characters).

What would you suggest in terms of location and set? Should I seek out a dark, secluded parking lot or pay for a soundstage? If the latter, can you recommend an afforable place in the NYC area? Should I use and actual car or have a mock-up built? How should I deal with the water on the windshield? Will I need a fan to simulate drag, or will the mere presence of raindrops be enough? If I do need a fan, how should I deal with the noise it will make when we shoot the characters?

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

if this is a student film then I don't see why you should spend on a studio for something like this. Find a quiet parking lot where you have access to the night lights. You may still have to put curtains of duvateen behind the car to block any distant city light or glow. I don't think a fan would be nessisary, unless you wanted to blow smoke over the car. fans in my experience don't push water enough to make up for their trouble, and its not very noticable anyway.