shutter variation manual or guide

Guest ramesh bhatnagar

hi me ramy, brother pls help to understand how much shutter speed or angle for different kind of situation. for eg like fight scene, or car chase scene, or chopper moving shot, or fast action or normal action how much shutter angle needed for variably situation pls help me my all brother. :(

hi my name is ramesh bhatnagar. from india. very much interested in film and motion picture or u say cinematography. but in our country it is very difficult to joined any institute here we have hardly any institute for movie making and some charge very high prices that cant pay by like me. i cant afford that much fees. so i am learning from internet video tutorial . either indian are no. 1 in film making. but then also we are not proper design or structure for movie making. i love film , i am crazy about western cinema. specially Hollywood. if u nice people hv any tutorial video for cinematography. pls send me. but dont charge . rather than iam writing some storeis for movie. for short film. i plan to write, photograph, and directe some short film in coming days .

thanks u brothers. :P sorry forget my email addres is

rrramyramesh@gmail.com

ramyramesh@hotmail.com

ramyramesh@rediffmail.com

Edited by ramy

hi my name is ramesh bhatnagar. from india. very much interested in film and motion picture or u say cinematography. but in our country it is very difficult to joined any institute here we have hardly any institute for movie making and some charge very high prices that cant pay by like me. i cant afford that much fees. so i am learning from internet video tutorial . either indian are no. 1 in film making. but then also we are not proper design or structure for movie making. i love film , i am crazy about western cinema. specially Hollywood. if u nice people hv any tutorial video for cinematography. pls send me. but dont charge . rather than iam writing some storeis for movie. for short film. i plan to write, photograph, and directe some short film in coming days .

thanks u brothers. tongue.gif sorry forget my email addres is

rrramyramesh@gmail.com

ramyramesh@hotmail.com

ramyramesh@rediffmail.com

• Premium Member
hi my name is ramesh bhatnagar

Then please go to My Controls at the top of the page and edit your Display Name to that.

Basically shutter angle, in a movie camera, when combined with the frame rate, controls shutter speed.

Shorter shutter speeds and you get less motion blur and less exposure, longer shutter speeds gives you more more motion blur and more exposure -- just like in still photography.

We have been accustomed to the amount of blur when shooting at 24 fps with a 180 degree shutter (which being half-open from 360 degrees means 1/48th of a second when shooting at 24 fps).

Since 24 fps is a somewhat low frame rate to successfully create the illusion of continuous motion from a series of still images shot quickly in succession... you have to factor in "strobing", the stuttery feeling that gives you the sense that the motion is made up of too few samples over time. Too little motion blur per frame and the strobing seems more obvious and the motion is very choppy. Too much motion blur per frame and the motion looks too smeary, blurred, and artificial.

Some action films have exploited the choppy, strobey look from using shortened shutter angles.

Most film cameras don't really allow longer shutter speeds than 1/48th at 24 fps because most are limited to 180 degrees, maybe 200 degrees at the most. But many video cameras allow even longer shutter times at 24P, which can get you more exposure in low-light but more motion blur than a film camera would normally create.

Guest ramesh bhatnagar

thank u divid mullen sir, i write my real name. ramesh bhatnagar " ramy". sir what i learn here that is we used shutter as door . which allowed light to fell on film. after we set our aperture. and used aperture no. for dept of field. but my sir said that shutter is only for used as door this has no relation about blur. as i say when we catch fast moving object we keep fast shutter speed for still camera. but my sir said we capture moving object with controlling fps for ig. for fighter plane we keep more then 200 fps. rather then 24fps. he said we are playing with fps in moving object. not with shutter angle . but my another friend said we keep shtter speed for moving object to get sharpe and clean and no blur. that why im confused. so sir can you explain me that please. thanks sir :unsure: