Sheets of Raw 8mm Film

donovangreene

Does anyone know where I can get raw sheets of Kodak 8mm film. I need to have it cut into 35mm strips for a commercial project I'm doing. Essentially I'm using about a dozen 8mm cameras, as well as 2 35mm cameras, and I want everything to match in terms of image, which is why use the same stock in both cameras. I'm more interested in using 8mm Kodak stock in 35mm cameras, than vice versa.

Thanks,

Donovan

• Premium Member

Why try to do that all yourself? You have a movie to make.

Just call your Kodak rep and tell him which stock you need.

Then tell him how much 35mm and how much "regular 8" stock you need. If its enough of a quantity they will cut and prep it all for you in whatever way you need it. If not they can probably help you figure out how to get it done. As long as it's a decent quantity, direct from Kodak will probably be your cheapest alternative anyway.

OK, now it makes sense. The 8mm films that are not available in 35mm are 64T color reversal, PlusX and TriX B&W reversal. Your best bet would be Ekta 100D color reversal which is available in 35mm MP, and cut into DS8 spools by Kodak for custom loading into S8 carts by smaller venders. Unless of coarse you want to use the negs that are available in both formats by Kodak.