10-100 Kinor Super 16 Enhancement

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Have spoken with Les, as usual he's very helpful. He told me this lens should cover super 16 ok, which is great!!! I'll keep you all posted on my efforts. I'm looking to get this PL mounted for use on my eclair npr.

Regards,

Steve

• Premium Member
Have spoken with Les, as usual he's very helpful. He told me this lens should cover super 16 ok, which is great!!! I'll keep you all posted on my efforts. I'm looking to get this PL mounted for use on my eclair npr.

Hi Steven,

could you please post the exact type of the lens? Thanks!

Cheers, Dave

Hello,

Regards,

Steve

We told about russian 16 OPF-12-1 10-100 zoom lens of Kinor-16 camera ?

And Les told, what 16OPF-12-1 zoom lens cover Super 16 without modification ?

I will be happy to see of result of test.

I some time ago, we discuss with Sergey Kravchenko from St-Petersurg about conversion of 16OPF-12-1 zoom lens on Super 16 .

Sergey had duscission with guys from LOMO, Elit Optics and other and answer, what have real possibility to upgrade of this lens.

That's why, i recommed to ask of Sergey about all details of this modification on Super 16 and on Arri PL too.

• Premium Member

Hi folks,

here is what Sergey had to say:

Hi David !

Zoom lens 16OPF12 not cover format Super 16 on short focuses .

Earlier I made conversion of it lens on format Super 16 in Moscow - it will cost $ 1200 , I have now PL mount for Zoom 16OPf12 - the price of PL mount $ 170 , but you must to checked up FFD on collimator after fitting PL .If you need I can sell for you gear rings on focus and on zoom ring with ARRI standard 32 pitch ( o.8 module )- $ 70 for each - made from hard aluminum , black anodised - I send you a photo.

Best regards

Sergey

Just to FYI...

Cheers, Dave

Hi,

Thats interesting, I need to test mine as soon as I get it PL mounted. I wonder at what focal length the coverage would be effected at short focus. Could this problem be resolved by applying close up diopters to the lens to reduce vignetting?

Regards,

Steve