lighting a corridor

hello

i am about to shoot my diploma film, 35mm project.

i have to light up a corridor area where I could see the end of the corridor (night scene) with the gate open, as well as the end ceiling as well as the floor. there are rooms on either side of the hospital corridor. on the ceiling will be a few tube lights (switched on) i am wondering how could one go about light up such an area. also I want the image to have a lil soft look with the lighting.

could you please suggest me something? reference images will be helpful.

thanks!

It's probably better if you provide us with some sort of reference material or insight to the story so we can be of more help.

What is going to happen in the shot? Is it a tracking shot following someone down the corridor? If that's the case then you could light a few of the rooms to create pools of light every few meters and leave the tube lights as they are. I'm guessing they're some kind of flourescents which might add a grenish tint to the shadows which I always thought looked quite nice.

-Jon

well

its a long corridor, probably 30 feet in length

the only source of light are the tubes hung above

its a slow track in shot from the long shot of the man in the other end of the corridor talkin on the phone to his mid close

how do i achieve in getting the slightly greenish shadows, plus what lights should i use to mix with the tubes.

more so, i was worried about the intensity of the light produced by the tubes.

what should i do to get a slight greenish tint that u r talkin of?

With tungsten film, unbalanced flourescents give off a greenish tint (that's assuming the lights in the corridor are flourescents) so you wouldn't need to do anything with them. I don't think you have to worry about the lights being too overpowering, even shooting 500 speed film I doubt they'd give off enough light for a decent exposure. Do you have the option to turn them off? If so you could always use tungsten balanced kino flo tubes and add a colour correcting gel like plus green to them if you wanted a greenish tint. If you're on a tightbudget (which I'm guessing you are) the best think to do would be to take some stills using a didgital camera where you can manually set the iso, white balanced, etc to get a feel for the space and light, then start adding your own lights until you're happy with the look.