RED Start/ Stop cable

I realize this may not be in the correct division to post but I will try anyhow. Does anyone know what the pin configuration is for a RED start/stop cable? Also, which port do you suggest using- the 4pin lemo ports on the rear of the camera or the aux port on the front assistant side of the camera. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

I realize this may not be in the correct division to post but I will try anyhow. Does anyone know what the pin configuration is for a RED start/stop cable? Also, which port do you suggest using- the 4pin lemo ports on the rear of the camera or the aux port on the front assistant side of the camera. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

The 4-pin rear LEMO ports are 12v auxilary power. I'm not certain what function the aux port provides...it's been too long. :(

However, I know that certain remote focus units can do start/stop, so that's presumably the port of call?

• Premium Member

I can't help with the pinouts, although I'm pretty sure they're posted at on the steadicam forum.

You can use either the aux port or the 4 pins on the back. I use the aux port with my preston, but I know some people use the 4 pins.

I did a commercial last week on the Red which the package was rented from HC Camera Rentals. They had a start stop cable that plugged into the 4pin lemo's in the back. Im not sure of the pin configuration but I am sure they would know.