Tobin ttl on Fujica ZC-1000

daan de Bakker

Hello,

I have in my possession a Tobin time lapse motor for the Bolex H16 and a Fujica ZC-1000 single8 camera. I would like to combine these two devices in order to make some nice time exposures. The Fujica has a 1:1 drive shaft, so it should, in theory, be possible. I was wondering if somebody has already attempted this, how it worked out for them and what kinds of modifications were necessary.

If you could recommend someone who might be able to get these devices to work in unison, that would be nice as well. I'm located in the Netherlands, but wouldn't mind shipping the motor and camera abroad to get them modified.

Thanks,

Daan

Hello,

I have in my possession a Tobin time lapse motor for the Bolex H16 and a Fujica ZC-1000 single8 camera. I would like to combine these two devices in order to make some nice time exposures. The Fujica has a 1:1 drive shaft, so it should, in theory, be possible. I was wondering if somebody has already attempted this, how it worked out for them and what kinds of modifications were necessary.

If you could recommend someone who might be able to get these devices to work in unison, that would be nice as well. I'm located in the Netherlands, but wouldn't mind shipping the motor and camera abroad to get them modified.

Thanks,

Daan

Good idea. Using the handcranck and locating a shutter open mark point long exposure should be doable too. Nice for star footage. Might try a beaulieu long exposure motor too.

If you need machine part making etc you might try mr van der does at www.de-snek.nl.

Hello,

Thanks,

Daan

I specialize on upgrade of electronics of professional 16 mm and 35 mm cine cameras and have version of comtroller with time lapse, base on microprocessor .

Thsi is controller have crystal sync speeds: 6.250 8 10 12 12.5 15 16 16.666 20 23.976 24 25 29.970 30 32 33.333 36 40 48 50 60 fps and time lapse mode with Time of waiting of next shoot, 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30, 60, 120, 240,600, 900, ( sec ) and speed of shutter 1/8 s (0.125 s)

This is controller build for upgrade of russian 16 mm Kinor-16, 35 mm Konvas cameras, but, can be use for upgrade of any other cine camera with DC motor and optical or magnetic encoder.

We can discuss about install of crystal sync speed conrtoller with time lapse on other cameras too.

If you wisj know more or have questions, can send me olex.camera@gmail.com

Other idea.

A some time ago, I upgrade of mechanism of 16 mm Krasnogorsk-3 camera and add of function of manual control of shutter disk open.

You attach of cable release, you press and take of button of cable release- the shutter disk open, you to release a button the shutter disk closed.

This is camera had photo flesh control and every shoot can run of flash.