KODAK EKTACHROME 100D Color Reversal Film / 7285 (16mm)

Aaron Zeghers

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could see the Kodak EKTACHROME 100D Color Reversal Film / 7285 (16mm) in action. Does anyone have some footage online? I can't seem to find any and I'd really like to see what it looks like (or even comparable film stocks) before I dive into it.

• Premium Member
Just wondering if anyone knows where I could see the Kodak EKTACHROME 100D Color Reversal Film / 7285 (16mm) in action. Does anyone have some footage online? I can't seem to find any and I'd really like to see what it looks like (or even comparable film stocks) before I dive into it.

If you've got a 35mm still camera, shoot a roll or two of EK100VS Ektachrome. I asked Kodak a couple of years ago if EK100VS was the same as 5285 and was informed they were "very similar". If you look at the technical specs they're identical.

I've got a few clips, some s-16 some regular16, corrected and uncorrected on my website, email me and can give you more specifics(which parts of which films etc, lighting setups etc) www.tomandsamara.com

• 2 years later...
  • Premium Member

Ektachrome 100D looks amazing projected in 16mm. The color is vibrant, saturated and more accurate than Kodachrome. However, if you are transferring and editing you might be better served with a negative stock with more latitude; unless you're going for a "high-end home movie" look like the movie stars from the 50's had.