From Cremaster 3: The Order

Shawn Mielke

Well, Cremaster 3 is part of the Cremaster cycle is a series of 'art films' that I think last like 10 hours if you watch them all back to back. I tried it a couple years ago in Dallas and left after about four. I'm positive one of the cinema magazines did a story on it last year. Maybe, MovieMaker magazine. You should do some searching of their site.

The website: http://www.cremaster.net is pretty cool. Did you look through it?

It all seems seems a bit like a Francis Bacon painting come to life. Personally I can't stand his paintings.

I've only just scratched the surface of the web resources for the films and their creators. My post here had as much to do with checking in with others about this film. I've seen a lot of strange and wonderful stuff, and this one has really caught my attention. But then, The Order is only a thirty minute sitting. :-]

I thought The Order to be very strong, cinematographically. It is said of Barney that he is a filmmaker secondly, however. But, I agree: beautiful, and insane. Just the way I like 'em, I'm afraid. He seems to have worked with the same DP throughout the entire series. I'll keep reading...