Aaton LTR 54 Super16 Camera

James Ewen

A well used and well loved Super16 Aaton LTR54 Kit that comprises:

1x Aaton LTR 54 Body (Serial Number C840)- this is upgraded to run at 1-72 fps, crystal 24/25

3x S16 magazines, (M2647, M3400, M2583)

1x Extension Viewfinder

1x Canon 12-120 Macro Fluorite Zoom

Other: Walnut hand grip, short/long rods, spare claw, fuses, charger, 4 very old batteries (barely work and need re-celling, various other bits and pieces inc. series 9 filters

Here's the lowdown. It was originally owned by a BBC wildlife cameraman who fitted a Canon FD mount in place of the Aaton mount, this means that you can use any old Canon FD mount lenses directly on the body. Canon FD glass is very good and is very cheap, do a search on Ebay and see for yourself. I am also including a Canon FD to Arri Standard MT adapter (from Les Bosher) and a Canon 12-120 Macro Fluorite Zoom that covers S16 for most of its range, it is old but it works although it could probably do with a clean. Removing the FD mount and fitting a PL mount onto the body is easy and many people can do this for a reasonable cost. I have included the old Aaton mount should you decide to re-fit that instead.

The camera is guaranteed not DOA but it is not an unscathed example of the camera, it has been very well used both by its previous owner and by myself. It was last serviced in 2006 and the tech was very happy with the camera, since then it has had 400 ft of film through it. One LED in the internal light meter is dud but the meter is still usable. The kit comes without a case but I will include a laser cut insert for a Pelican case.

I am asking a bargain basement price of 2500 GBP for the kit which at the very favorable dollar rate is roughly $3500. The kit is heavy so courier will not be cheap and the buyer would pay any tax costs. Send me a PM if you are interested and I can send you pics.