SHOOTING FOR THE 60'S

dpdnb

So I'm the DP for a thesis film that takes place in the 1960's .. any suggestions to give it more of that gritty look? I'm shooting on a Sony EX-1 1080P which is hard because that camera is so clear and clean. As far as palette definitley in the warmer range: orange, amber, browns. Any filter ideas?, lighting techniques? I'm thinking lots of practicals...

• Premium Member

From the Forum Guidelines

Do not cross-post.

Posting the same or similar message in more than one place in the forum is not acceptable. If done by accident, please contact a forum Leader or Administrator with a link to the post and we'll remove it.

Before anyone answers this post, David Burdette needs to tell us which one to answer so we don't have responses spread out over multiple subforums.

From the Forum Guidelines

Before anyone answers this post, David Burdette needs to tell us which one to answer so we don't have responses spread out over multiple subforums.

Does anyone have any suggestions for filtration that will give the EX-1 a grittier look to resemble movies shot in the 1960's?

• Premium Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for filtration that will give the EX-1 a grittier look to resemble movies shot in the 1960's?

I meant which subforum to put all the answers so they aren't scattered around, not which part of your question to answer.