Russian Church Wedding Documentary

• 2 weeks later...
http://o-k.smugmug.com/gallery/7468327_vqA...6_RpTh3#000000_

it's about 7 min, please let me know what you think.

do you feel that the rule of line crossing apply here, I mean does it seem like a disorienting inside the church?

Thanks in advance for a feedback.

Hi Oleg,

I think this is great looking. A very successful piece. What's the spec camera/lens? My feeling is that you're using an adaptor here, as you're working with such shallow depths of field - is that so? I'm curious to know if it's something like the EX3 or a higher spec.

Difficult to say if the crossing the line bothered me truly, as because I was waiting for it I noticed it straight away. But the shots are very attractive, and you're cutting in for a close-up on the bride - quite a personal shot - so I think it's fine. This is documentary, and sometimes you have to tell the story with the images you were able to capture - bugger the line - and you tell the story well.

I think the depth of field is almost the star here, as it's so noticeably shallow. Sometimes you're moving the camera to get people back into focus. Without that feature it might be less interesting, but that's hardly the point.

Please tell me what you're shooting on/with...

Cheers,

Jamie

www.jamiekennerley@hotmail.com

Hi Jamie,

Thank you very much for watching, comments.

that was shot with Canon 5D mk2 mostly with Nikkor 50mm 1.2 lens shot between 1.4 and 2 almost open. Some shot are with Canon 70 200 IS 2.8 wide open.

Yes, I skipped the line couple of times, sorry about some possible disorietation, I felt it worked for the story

though.

Cheers,

Oleg.