Whats good in Beverly Hills/LA area?

Michael Collier

So our film 'Way Up North' was selected for the Beverly Hills Film Festival this April and the director, and the band that was in the picture, and I are flying down to showcase it. I have a couple of free days around that time that I will be in LA and I wanted to do some touring around.

What out there is good to see? I grew up in LA so site seeing isn't a big deal to me. I would rather go meet people in the industry. I wanted to check out Panavision while I was there if I could arrange it, but what else could I have access to? Is the ASC having an open house during that period? What about a cinemotography.com meet for drinks? It sounds like there is opportunity to meet lots of good people in connection to the festival, but outside of that I just want to network and get a sense of what is possible with LA's infrastructure.

Anybody know of anything like that going on that would be good to check out? I got the plane tickets and the car rental. Just looking for stuff to do while I am there.

I will be in LA from March 31-April 6th. I am staying at some fancy Beverly Hills hotel, but I am not sure which one, the festival director recommended it to us.

(also if anyone is planning to attend the festivals parties, our band 'The Rebuttals' are opening for Morgan Freeman's band, so get some Alaskana blue grass/rock music and delta BG in one pop! good stuff.)