Anybody with inside knowledge on Dexter's production? I know it's shot in HD

Michael Maier

I just read the March issue of American Cinematographer where Dexter's DP Romeo Tirone said they shot the last season on the Sony F23 (and first 2 seasons were all F900) and also extensively used the Sony EX1 along the F23 and they cut great. As an EX1 owner it would be great to know the settings they used and specially what cine gammas etc. I thought maybe somebody here works in the show or would have access to this info or know Romeo Tirone and could get some info on that. Anything you could get would be greatly appreciated. I love the look of the show and although it has very little to do with the camera used it would still be great to get some info on how they were getting the best out of the little EX1. Thanks in advance for any insights.

I just read the March issue of American Cinematographer where Dexter's DP Romeo Tirone said they shot the last season on the Sony F23 (and first 2 seasons were all F900) and also extensively used the Sony EX1 along the F23 and they cut great. As an EX1 owner it would be great to know the settings they used and specially what cine gammas etc. I thought maybe somebody here works in the show or would have access to this info or know Romeo Tirone and could get some info on that. Anything you could get would be greatly appreciated. I love the look of the show and although it has very little to do with the camera used it would still be great to get some info on how they were getting the best out of the little EX1. Thanks in advance for any insights.

i would like to know as well.