54fps telecine at 24fps...

Rasmus Mossige

Hi!

I recently shot four rolls of Ektachrome 64T with my Nizo S560, and had them developed. I have now sent them for telecine, and told them to do it at 24fps since most of my footage is at this framerate. The thing is, some of my footage is at 54fps. Will the slow mo look smooth telecined at 24fps, or should it be telecined at 18fps or something (since 18x3=54)?

• Premium Member
Hi!

I recently shot four rolls of Ektachrome 64T with my Nizo S560, and had them developed. I have now sent them for telecine, and told them to do it at 24fps since most of my footage is at this framerate. The thing is, some of my footage is at 54fps. Will the slow mo look smooth telecined at 24fps, or should it be telecined at 18fps or something (since 18x3=54)?

Telecine at 24

30 is the best quality, but only works in NTSC land. 24 and 25 are common for NTSC and PAL, respectively.

You'd only need to telecine faster if you were shooting auto crash tests or NFL football games. Otherwise, what's the point of shooting slo-mo if you can't TELL THAT IT'S SLO-MO?

Hope that makes things clearer. . .

Hi!

I recently shot four rolls of Ektachrome 64T with my Nizo S560.The thing is, some of my footage is at 54fps. Will the slow mo look smooth telecined at 24fps?

YES is the simple answer. I've shot at 54fps with a Nizo and had it telecined at 24fps and the result very smooth and beautiful!

The thing is, some of my footage is at 54fps. Will the slow mo look smooth telecined at 24fps, or should it be telecined at 18fps or something (since 18x3=54)?

It does not matter, if we are talking about a progressive frame to frame transfer.

What matters is the play speed of the resulted file.

Easy enough to change that in post.

Fred.