cinevator

Srinivas Mamidi

Hi

Is anybody saw the print from cinevator?How is the quality?

Thx,

Srinivas Mamidi.

Firstly yon need to use your full name, it's one of the rules of the forum.

I've had a short film that I shot on a F900v3 go through a Cinevator film out. The quality is pretty good, perhaps not quite as sharp as some other (more expensive) methods, but the images looked filmic. There weren't any surprises, it looked much the same as the graded digital original, you could even just notice in some shots where + 6 gain had been applied in dusk shots.

For a production that only needs a small number of prints for festivals or limited theatrical release it makes a lot of sense.

Edited by Brian Drysdale

• 1 month later...

I've had a short film that I shot on a F900v3 go through a Cinevator film out. The quality is pretty good, perhaps not quite as sharp as some other (more expensive) methods, but the images looked filmic. There weren't any surprises, it looked much the same as the graded digital original, you could even just notice in some shots where + 6 gain had been applied in dusk shots.

For a production that only needs a small number of prints for festivals or limited theatrical release it makes a lot of sense.

Hello,

I have found that the quality of a Cinevator print is really quite good.

It is pretty much comparable to a print made from and Dupe Neg (Digital neg>Inter Pos>Dupe Neg>Print) in terms of grain etc.

I know special effects artists tend to prefer Cinevator prints to Digital projection because you get a nice, natural motion blur and filmic quality that doesn't show the finest details/flaws.

I thought the Cinevator was an excellent machine and as said before, perfect for small run prints or very high quality Digital Negs.

I'm new to these forums and this is my first post hence I'm reacting to the "use your full name" thing.

The poster above is called Srinivas Mamidi. And he has signed below his post as Srinivas Mamidi. Even his name shows up to the left of his post as Srinivas Mamidi. So where was he supposed to put his real name and didn't?

From

Neil B Sadwelkar

This is my real name and I have a driver's licence and a passport to prove it.

• 5 months later...
Hi

Thx,

Srinivas Mamidi.

Hi Srinivas,

The quality of the print from Cinevator is very good... infact one can't really get a sharper image for print from any other RT route since the addition of 2 negative layers ( image negative and sound negative ) ends up making the final print quality look softer... This problem is not faced when it comes to direct print from Cinevator... plus all your prints are superior quality master prints which one can use both for censor and release and festivals.

As regard the less number of prints i feel that Cinevator was use for making 35 subtitle prints of Main Aur Mrs. Khanna... and around 150 prints of Pothis Ads for theater ....I am sure u would not consider that number to be "less number of prints"...

Thanks and be in touch...

Cheer, lokesh todi

• 2 months later...
Hi

Thx,

Srinivas Mamidi.

We own a Cinevator FIVE and all I can say VERY nice prints. Not to mention our clients love the quality, espcialy with multiple prints.

hope that helps