Super 16mm Eclair NPR PL Mount

Jon Petro

For Sale:

Eclair NPR Body:

Super 16mm (Converted by Bernie O' at Super 16 inc.)

PL Mount (Machined by Visual Products to replace Camflex Mount) w/ Port Cover

C-Mount (Re-Centered by Visual Products for S16mm Aperture) w/ Port Cover

Variable Shutter (From 180 down to 5 degrees)

Registration Pin for Rock Steady Movement

Angeniuex Orientable Viewfinder

1.85 Cinema Projection Marked Ground Glass (Laser Brightened by Bernie O' at Super 16 inc.)

Arri Lightweight Rod System Installed (Machined by Duall Camera in NYC)

15mm Lightweight Rods

Has been completely Overhauled by both Bernie O' and Visual Products. Every screw replaced, movement is smooth and perfect.

Motors:

Eclair Beauviala Crystal Sync Motor (Crystal at 24 FPS)

Perfectone Compact Crystal Motor (Purchased as a Backup, tested by Bernie O' runs at 24.01 FPS, so needs service to be your main crystal motor. It is a lighter weight much better motor though, and these are hard to find. I had planned on having it overhauled with digital interface by AZ Spectrum but now I am selling the camera.)

Magazines:

Two 400 Ft. Eclair Mags (the ones with the better pressure plate) Optimized by Bernie O' for Super 16mm Use.

Batteries/Power:

Bescor 12 Volt Battery with Belt Strap 8 Amp Hours (Lasts for lots of shooting)

Vector 12 Volt Battery with Belt Strap 5 Amp Hours (By Duall Camera, lighter than Bescor)

12 Volt Power Converter Box for Indoor Plug-In Power (A Bit Old and Heavy but does the job perfectly)

4 Pin XLR Power Cable

Everything (minus power converter) fits into two Eclair Metal Cases, one for Camera and one for Magazines. They are built like tanks and foam is cut perfectly.

This camera is in perfect running condition and since it's last service by Visual Products has only shot about 3 thousand feet of film. Most NPR's out there will come with lots of problems that need fixing. Well I have already done that for you, as well as upgraded the camera to S16mm and PL Mount, making it ready for high quality lenses and low grain 16mm film stocks of today. In fact, I purchased two NPRs and combined the best parts of both to make this package. If a new owner were to get the Perfectone Motor Overhauled and install a video tap it would compare very well to an Arri SR Model (in my opinion).

This is a fantastic camera in great cosmetic condition that I am sad to see go. I will be listing it on Ebay and some other sites by next week, but wanted to give this forum first dibs if anyone out there is interested.

$4,000 or Best Offer (Cost me a lot more to put together)

Email me with offers at:

jpivko at gmail dot com

Or ask your questions below

Thank you.

• 13 years later...