Cheap Extending Lenses

Stephen Williams

• Premium Member

Interesting that it says "for non-mirror cameras" -- looks like they extend too wide and deep into the camera body to clear a mirror. Probably due to the OLPF-friendly design, "more parallel rays" as they say ....

-- J.S.

• Premium Member

Clearly of zero use to me, I need lenses that would work on film & single sensor video.

Stephen

Interesting that it says "for non-mirror cameras" -- looks like they extend too wide and deep into the camera body to clear a mirror. Probably due to the OLPF-friendly design, "more parallel rays" as they say ....

-- J.S.

• Premium Member
Those focus scales look very disappointing to me, not really Ultra Primes class as promised.

I have to agree Stephen. From a focus puller's perspective, those focus scales appear to be spaced like still lenses not cine lenses. I mean, "...80', 20', 10', 6'..." on a 95mm T1.9 lens?! Oh yes, THAT'S useful.:rolleyes:

• Premium Member
So Jan's hyped lenses are here http://www.rebel-lenses.com/

Those focus scales look very disappointing to me, not really Ultra Primes class as promised.

Stephen

Well considering how long Jan was allowed spruik on virtually unhindered on Reduser, I'd say Jim Jannard knew what they were like from the beginning.

Alas poor Yorick, he knew them well... :lol:

• Premium Member

-- J.S.

I thought that was more microlens-friendly.

Which begs the question: "How does optimizing optics for microlensed single-chip cameras affect their non-microlensed performance?"

• Premium Member
Just looking at the pix on their web site, it does look to me like there's too much metal sticking into the camera body. They'd collide with the mirror shutter.

-- J.S.

Ah yes.

As seen on countless Super 16/Super 35 rejigs with customers "BYO" lenses. Them mirror shutters don't come cheap either :lol:

Chrissake, you'd think they'd be aware of that old issue, what with the likes of JVK advising them and all....

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I don't know the current Euro/Dollar conversion rate, but you can buy a set of Super Speeds for just a little more than he's asking. I'm really curious who would buy these, especially considering the previously mentioned limitations and issues.

• Premium Member
I don't know the current Euro/Dollar conversion rate, but you can buy a set of Super Speeds for just a little more than he's asking.

Paul Duclos is re-mounting Zeiss still camera lenses for PL, 80mm front, 32p gears etc for many thousands of dollars less. Sure, some of the same focus ring issues, but at about $1400 a lens by a legit tech it looks like a much better deal.

http://www.ducloslenses.com/Home/ZeissZF.html

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

• Premium Member
Paul Duclos is re-mounting Zeiss still camera lenses for PL, 80mm front, 32p gears etc for many thousands of dollars less. Sure, some of the same focus ring issues, but at about $1400 a lens by a legit tech it looks like a much better deal.

http://www.ducloslenses.com/Home/ZeissZF.html

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

They are still Nikon mounts.

• 4 weeks later...