New KODAK 500T Vision 2 - 5260

Hello!

As DoP on a short film produced by La Femis (french school) in 35mm, I used the new Kodak 5260 (500T, vision 2).

It was very nice : it offers a great contrast, saturated colors and a it's more grainy than the vision 3 stock. I took the stock at 400 or 320 ISO, to have deep blacks.

Did someone use this new stock ? I'd like to have your opinion on this!

Bye!

Hello!

As DoP on a short film produced by La Femis (french school) in 35mm, I used the new Kodak 5260 (500T, vision 2).

It was very nice : it offers a great contrast, saturated colors and a it's more grainy than the vision 3 stock. I took the stock at 400 or 320 ISO, to have deep blacks.

Did someone use this new stock ? I'd like to have your opinion on this!

Bye!

Bonjoir Brice.

So, would you say that, '60 is a lot like the old EXR 500T stock? Is it contrastier than '79, '18, & '19?

Glad to hear Kodak finally brought back a stock with some "oomph"

(contrast).

So, would you say that, '60 is a lot like the old EXR 500T stock? Is it contrastier than '79, '18, & '19?

Glad to hear Kodak finally brought back a stock with some "oomph"

(contrast).

Yes, it is!

Kodak describes it as a stock very similar to the EXR 500T but with the vision 2 generation technology and characteristics (more latitude and different grain structure).

It comes from the DoP request to have a very contrast and saturated stock (more than '18 or '19).

But the '60 is only available in 35 stock (not super 16).

I shot outdoor, in Bretagne (French west coast) and the result is nice : it gives interresting colors in the landscapes or in the sky. It gives also some grainy texture, but nice on faces.

From my experience, I would say that the '60 is a great stock.

Kodak says it approximatively gives to the DoP a 10 stops latitude.

See you!

• Premium Member
Yes, it is!

Kodak describes it as a stock very similar to the EXR 500T but with the vision 2 generation technology and characteristics (more latitude and different grain structure).

Thanks, Brice. Now, I just wish they'd bring back 5245/7245.

-Fran