RedRay a reality?

Keith Walters

• Premium Member
It is not just the word itself... lots of ways to say it. Just go back and read some of your alter-ego posts (James Murdoch).

BTW, people that believed in us motivated us. People that didn't believe in us motivated us.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Not wanting to flog a dead horse, but did anyone actually use the word 'scam' to describe the RED one project. It's been infrared many times but I have never seen it myself.

Best

Stephen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jim,

Not wanting to flog a dead horse, but did anyone actually use the word 'scam' to describe the RED one project. It's been infrared many times but I have never seen it myself.

Best

Stephen

Term was used many times on several boards (not going to go read them all) and inferred on all of them, including here. No big deal. That was the past.

The thing that is frustrating here is the clever button-pushing by a few. My responses to the jabs are not all that elegant... which I am not very proud of BTW.

Jim

Stephen, regarding our bet, yes, I am getting nervous. I did admit at the time that a delay in Epic would obviously hurt my prediction. But we still have more than a year and a half to go, so let's wait and see.

Oh and by the way, the question these days is longer "Who is John Galt?" It's "Who is James Murdoch?" :lol:

Edited by Tom Lowe

Stephen, regarding our bet, yes, I am getting nervous. I did admit at the time that a delay in Epic would obviously hurt my prediction. But we still have more than a year and a half to go, so let's wait and see.

Oh and by the way, the question these days is longer "Who is John Galt?" It's "Who is James Murdoch?" :lol:

James Murdoch is among us...

Jim

• Premium Member
Hi Jim,

It's been infrared many times but I have never seen it myself.

Best

Stephen

Infrared?

Is that like some sort of technique where you hide potential movie spoilers on forums by making the screen letters invisible by making them shine in infrared? :lol:

I guess you'd need a RED and lots of ND to read it... :rolleyes:

Inferred vs implied:

Both refer to an assessment of a situation based on circumstantial evidence.

Inferred: Iinformation goes INto your head, and you draw a conclusion from it, which may or not be accurate, and can be the cause of dispute.

Implied: Circumstantial evidence is presented to one or more other parties, in such a way as to suggest a certain conclusion. It can also be a source of dispute, particularly when contradictory information is deliberately withheld. Lawyers make their living doing this. (I could post a particularly fine example of this here but I don't want to turn this forum into another bloodbath).

Considering all I wanted to know was, can RED Ray be used with ordinary HD, with a proportionately longer playing time?

Considering all I wanted to know was, can RED Ray be used with ordinary HD, with a proportionately longer playing time?

Walters, I think it's quite clear that REDray can be used for other source material. I mean, why not?

I think I remember Graeme saying that if you have very clean RAW digital material to begin with, though, it helps with the compression and encoding. So grainy or noisy source material might require higher bitrates for a given spatial resolution. Hopefully Graeme will correct me if I'm wrong.

• Premium Member
Walters, I think it's quite clear that REDray can be used for other source material. I mean, why not?

Sadly, the fact that the likes of you can't see "why not" does little to convince me. :rolleyes:

BTW, what happened to the cute signature you used to use on Reduser? The one about somebody's mid-life crisis? For a few fleeting moments I actually experienced something vaguely approaching low-level fleeting admiration...

• Premium Member

John Galt's professional history is well known. A detailed study raises more questions than it answers...

I have no idea who this "James" Murdoch is, but apparently he shares the same address as somebody called "Mary Murdoch". I don't know who she is either.

John Galt's professional history is well known. A detailed study raises more questions than it answers...

I have no idea who this "James" Murdoch is, but apparently he shares the same address as somebody called "Mary Murdoch". I don't know who she is either.

Good try...

Jim