ICG local 600 test

hey all...am getting paperwork worked out to take the Camera Guild test for when they schedule it this year (eastern region) and was just curious to see if anyone had taken the test before...and if so...what the subject matter was like, format of the test, etc.

I've decent amount of field experience as camera trainee/camera dept. pa/addtional 2nd on some large budget shows as well as operating experience on loads of cable reality-ish programming, but was curious to see how in depth the test gets, what it focuses on, etc.

Advice much appreciated!

• Premium Member
Here in LA they give you an Espresso machine, a camera report and 3 time cards. You have ten minutes.

lol, I'm not even sure if that's a joke or derogatory or what. :lol:

lol, I'm not even sure if that's a joke or derogatory or what. :lol:

It's a derogatory joke. :lol: I was just making reference to how the second AC's often go beyond their call of duty to act as the official keeper of the espresso machine. It troubled me to have the second do my time cards because I often felt bad for them given all they do. I got use to it, though. ;)

I took the test last year and did well. Basically if you go to all they're review sessions, and put some energy into memorizing what framerates cameras are capable of and filter compensations and alike you'll do fine. There's a written section, which is a whole lot of math, and camera reports, and then there's the practical section which for me was loading and threading a 435 a Gold and a varicam (substitute loading and threading for whitebalancing and setting timecode). Others were tested on the millenium and F900.

• 3 weeks later...