Pre-production check list?

Usually a job for an up and coming UPM, put an add on Mandy.com. You'll get replies.

R,

No doubt and I 'll take a look at that for sure, but in all honesty, even so, I'd like to learn to do this myself if for no other reason than to be able to check up on other people's work and know whether they've made a mistake or not, plus one of the reasons I'm doing this is I'm putting together an investment memorandum and I want to make sure it's correct as well as for my own information. HOWEVER once we get into pre, we WILL have a UPM onboard, in fact, one of our goals is to surround ourselves with the best people we can find. Like my dad always says, "You don't have to be brilliant, you just have to surround yourself with brilliance." :D

Suggestions and input please. Also a timeline and sequence suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks-B)

Always make sure there isn't a parade the day of your shoot.

I laughed when my one prof. in college said this, and then made the mistake on my first feature...

:lol: You have GOT to be kidding!! I mean what are the odds?

Well, in my defense, it wasn't actually a parade, it was the annual 5k run-walk for breast cancer. But it did completely surround my location, making it impossible for my cast to get there...

Hey Cap'n,

Have you seen the "Independent Filmmaker's Manual" published by ifp/LA?

It's a step-by-step manual for a Line Producer with a ton of information including the actual budget for "Swingers".

Independent Filmmaker's Manual

Hal

Admiral, how are you sir? FUNNY you should mention this book, I JUST came across it in a Google search during some of my research with Mr. Harney 2 days ago and found a LOT of very good information there even in the limited Google book search form that came up and the few passages that were there did help with a few question and gave us some invaluable facts we really needed. This is DEFINITELY a book I intend to buy at some point. As always, your advice is right on the money my friend and I really appreciate it. Do you know if the Swingers budget included in the book is a line item budget? B)

• Premium Member
Admiral, how are you sir?..........GOOD...........MAKING MONEY HAND OVER FIST WITH THE DAY BUSINESS............. RECESSION?............I DON'T SEE NO STINKIN' RECESSION! (Thank God!)............ Do you know if the Swingers budget included in the book is a line item budget? B)

Hi again Cap'n,

Most assuredly! The "Swingers" line item budget (broken down by locations no less) with General Ledger coding plus a couple of samples plus a blank Paramount line item budget. There are all sorts of checklists, forms, contracts, etc. in the book. There's also a CDROM included that has the forms and checklists in Adobe Acrobat form which if you have one of the purchased versions of Acrobat (not Reader) can be saved, not just printed. I suspect if you have Acrobat Professional they could be converted into forms with hot zones that could be filled out on a computer, then printed.

Admiral Halsey

Admiral, how are you sir?..........GOOD...........MAKING MONEY HAND OVER FIST WITH THE DAY BUSINESS............. RECESSION?............I DON'T SEE NO STINKIN' RECESSION! (Thank God!)............

GREAT I'll send you a copy of the business memorandum and investment proposal package right away so you can put your money in something solid before it hits you!!!!................................. (just kidding) :rolleyes: Seriously, though, I'm very glad things are going so well, my friend and again, thanks for the info. I'll try and pick this book up as soon as I have a few extra bucks to spare.- Capt. Video

• 1 month later...