SARAJEVO ROSES

Hi everyone, below is a link to the teaser and brief synopsis for a cine-essay I am working on. The film footage was shot with an Aaton XTRPlus Super 16mm camera on Kodak Vision 3 500T 7219. The older footage was shot a few years with a Canon XL-1 miniDV camera.

http://vimeo.com/4562914

SARAJEVO ROSES-A Film by Roger M. Richards

Currently in production-see it in fall 2010

During the four-year siege of the Bosnian capital city of Sarajevo, hundreds of thousands of bombs rained upon the city from the surrounding hills. Every shell exploding on a road or paved area left an imprint resembling that of a flower. Today, some of these craters remain, their 'petals' painted red and referred to as 'Sarajevo roses' by its citizens, like scars on the heart, a reminder of the innocent blood that was spilled on these streets.

SARAJEVO ROSES is the true story of Dr. Asim Haracic, a Bosnian-American doctor and musician. In personal audio letters, he relates his life story and philosophy forged from a life of change and upheaval, growing up during the Tito-era communist Yugoslavia, starting a family and then having life shattered by war, surviving the siege of Sarajevo and then fleeing into exile as a refugee to start a new life.

Thanks for your kind wishes, Jean-Marie. This project has been in the wings for quite some time, but I finally figured out how to do it justice. Please PM me with the name of the exec producer who you were thinking of. I could use all the help I can get ;-)

Hope your shoot went well in Sarajevo this past weekend. That is a special city.

Cheers,

Roger

sure

executive producer in sarajevo :

semio T 381 11 265 1241

F 381 11 218 8178

simiceva 9

11000 belgrade

www.semio.rs

producer : Sanja Radovic

sanja@semio.co.yu

you won't find any resources in sarajevo but everything from cameras to lab and crews in Belgrade only 4 hours drive from sarajevo.

Thanks very much, Jean-Marie.

-Roger

sure

executive producer in sarajevo :

semio T 381 11 265 1241

F 381 11 218 8178

simiceva 9

11000 belgrade

www.semio.rs

producer : Sanja Radovic

sanja@semio.co.yu

you won't find any resources in sarajevo but everything from cameras to lab and crews in Belgrade only 4 hours drive from sarajevo.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your kind wishes, Jean-Marie. This project has been in the wings for quite some time, but I finally figured out how to do it justice. Please PM me with the name of the exec producer who you were thinking of. I could use all the help I can get ;-)

Hope your shoot went well in Sarajevo this past weekend. That is a special city.

Cheers,

Roger

Hello,

i live, lets say, very close to sarajevo.

if there is any way i could help you, be free to contact me.