Shooting comedic web-series, have some questions

Hey everyone, I am DP on a web-series shooting this weekend. It is comedic, and I wanted some tips on lighting. I know that comedy is not really famous for the use of dramatic lighting, but I want to get a little bit creative with it. I have good knowledge of equipment and such, but I need to get a little more creative with the lighting. It's mostly two guys in a house during the day. We have two tweenies and a 2x2bank Kino. Everything will be daylight balanced.

Can you just throw some creative ideas at me? What would you do if you were in my situation with the information that I have provided?

Thanks!

Edited by Brandon Whiteside

Greetings, Brandon. Check out some of the comedy channels on YouTube, etc for ideas. For a random example, look at the BarelyPolitical/BarelyDigital folks, like the "TechKnow" series, where they do quite a bit with lighting for comedic effect.

Hey everyone, I am DP on a web-series shooting this weekend. It is comedic, and I wanted some tips on lighting. I know that comedy is not really famous for the use of dramatic lighting, but I want to get a little bit creative with it. I have good knowledge of equipment and such, but I need to get a little more creative with the lighting. It's mostly two guys in a house during the day. We have two tweenies and a 2x2bank Kino. Everything will be daylight balanced.

Can you just throw some creative ideas at me? What would you do if you were in my situation with the information that I have provided?

Thanks!