The Dogfather Week 1

Yeah same here, you just budget for a 12 hour day, and include the OT.

By the time you get an actor though hair and make-up and back to their hotel each day you have burned through a lot of that 8 hours. SAG rules state that the actor is getting paid once he/she starts traveling to set, and they are off the clock once they arrive back at their hotel.

So if your actor has 15 mins travel time each way to set, that's 30 mins gone. Plan on at least 30 mins for a male actor for hair and make-up and at least one hour each day for females for hair and make-up.

Pretty soon you are down to 6.5 hours of actual work and that will fly by in no time.

If I where you I would not start production until you can budget for a full 12 hours to have your actors on set each day. Otherwise you will be in OT every day and your budget will get a hole blown in it while you are in production.

Just a word to the wise ;)

R,

AAAAHHHAAAA, Damn it Mr. Boddington......you are ABSOLUTELY right. Very good advice I hadn't considered............WHY I hadn't considered it, I don't know, because that was kinda dumb for me to NOT consider it, but.......I didn't. FORTUNATELY, this may not be a huge problem, much of the picture is going to be shot with just the 2 main characters so adjusting this may not be too painful to do. Depending on the deal we make for the leads, It may only effect the budget for the day players and the featured roles. WHICH I think we can live with. We will have to go over this budget yet again though. BTW, thanks for the head's up, that could have been a let us say problematic. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
So, how is the editing coming? B)

Oh it's coming along quite nicely, it cuts together very well. Of course having directed the material helps a lot.

I'm more than 50% through on my fine cut, and I have about 50% of the remaining scenes pre-cut so I'm in good shape. I've cut my way out of a few jams, but it's a good thing when that happens because it forces you as an editor to consider a shot combination you had not planned on. Then some real editing magic can happen. Provided of course you where smart on set and got adequate coverage.

It's long hours at the computer but I enjoy it. I also have a number of VFX shots being worked on while I cut as well.

I actually have deadlines to meet this time so I just can't make up my own schedule like I did on Dark Reprieve :D

Get ready America....this face only a mother could love will soon take your country by storm! :lol:

R,

post-4653-1251829713.jpg

Get ready America....this face only a mother could love will soon take your country by storm! :lol:

I thought most Canadians hated to even hear the US called America (which makes sense to me), yet you seem to use it here quite liberally, or are you referring to the Americas ? . .

Hmmm really? I hadn't heard that. Usually when we say "America" it simply means...the USA.

But just so we're clear:

Get ready United States Of America....this face only a mother could love will soon take your country by storm!

:lol:

R,

Hi Richard,

Congrats on all this stuff... very impressive. Especially for some of us who've somewhat followed your career on this board.

What's the post plan? Is there some sort of scheduled release?

Post plan is to assemble the show in HDSR 4:4:4 once my off-line is ready, then sound design, music composing and final mix. Done. I'm working with great producers who let me do my thing for the most part.

We have a huge promotion planned, we will be sending a live bulldog via mail to every home in the USA. ;)

R,

and blows your career into the stratosphere !! :D

But then I'll be too big to talk to you James, you don't want that to happen do you? :D

R,

Ah but forget, I am able to easily transcend classes, moving from mildly cool to total loser and back again in the blink of an eye, so we still may be able to stay buddies even AFTER you become a superstar director, drive a Lamborghini Diablo and start dating Angelina Jolie or maybe Megan Fox. :D

Edited by James Steven Beverly

I thought this was a family show?

I don't think a Lamborghini Diablo will work too well in the 10 months of winter we have here. Maybe I can take a flying start at a snowdrift?

As for Angelina and Megan, won't my wife and or their boyfriends object to such a union?

Besides as an independent filmmaker I am already quite wealthy. Today I have to decide whether I want a villa in the South of France, or a condo in San Francisco? Then there's the issue of the interior colours for my new Range Rover.

Oh yes the money just pours in when you work in this business.

R,

I thought this was a family show?

I don't think a Lamborghini Diablo will work too well in the 10 months of winter we have here. Maybe I can take a flying start at a snowdrift?

As for Angelina and Megan, won't my wife and or their boyfriends object to such a union?

Besides as an independent filmmaker I am already quite wealthy. Today I have to decide whether I want a villa in the South of France, or a condo in San Francisco? Then there's the issue of the interior colours for my new Range Rover.

Oh yes the money just pours in when you work in this business.

R,

Well, The Dogfather was, but Megan and Angelina weren't in The Dogfather........ALTHOUGH it woulda been REALLY COOL for you if they had been. As for The Lamborghini being unsuitable for Canada, yo0re of course already KNOW that once your films become successful, you're going to sell out to Hollywood faster than your Lamborghini. so III would go with the Frisco condo which will put you much closer to LA and Coppola, who is now mostly producing but can get you in with Lucas who can in turn introduce you to Spielberg and gets you a major in for Dreamworks. Also as a bigtime Hollywood director, you would not be subject to the conventional morality of the rest of us unwashed masses, so dating 2 superstar actresses while being married would probably help your career and of course their boyfriends would want you to hire them so they wouldn't care and may in fact encourage you, Hell they might even let you use their apartments. Of course it's never an either or for big time directors who have been to Steve Spielberg's house for brunch with George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola so III'd have the interior of the Range Rover match the EXTERIOR of the Lamborghini, but of course in my humble opinion, Range Rovers are SOOOO 2 years ago. I would go with a Mercedes-Benz ML 320 BlueTEC SUV to park at that beachfront Malibu bungalow you will be using as you LA home when you're not spending time at your vacation Castle in the Czech Republic. See, when that money pours in, You now have a plan!! :rolleyes:

See, when that money pours in, You now have a plan!! :rolleyes:

I'll think I'll count the chickens if and when they hatch. In this business you ain't got nothin' until the money is in the bank.

R,

• 4 weeks later...