Super 8 Test with Nizo 6080

Robert Capria

I shot this with Nizo 6080. Just wanted a critique on the exposure, framing, etc. I probably over exposed the footage 1 or 2 stops but corrrected it in Final Cut Pro without any special reference monitor. The music has no meaning other than to make it less boring although I did have in mind to shoot a trailer for movie featuring certain stark locations.

Let me know what you think.

Also here is somebody else's footage shot also with a special widescreen Nizo that a lot of people love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZo7IusGkmg

I shot this with Nizo 6080. Just wanted a critique on the exposure, framing, etc. I probably over exposed the footage 1 or 2 stops but corrrected it in Final Cut Pro without any special reference monitor. The music has no meaning other than to make it less boring although I did have in mind to shoot a trailer for movie featuring certain stark locations.

Let me know what you think.

Also here is somebody else's footage shot also with a special widescreen Nizo that a lot of people love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZo7IusGkmg

Hi Robert.

Nice B & W film. What I would expect from a Nizo. What stock did you use?

One more technical question: When I viewed it, I sensed there was a "pulsing" in the image. It could be that I am imagining it, but if I was not, is this resulting from the uploading of your film, or transfer? Please don't misunderstand - just wondering. It doesn't impact on your work. It is still nice to see B & W.

Regards,

BOB

Hi Robert.

Nice B & W film. What I would expect from a Nizo. What stock did you use?

One more technical question: When I viewed it, I sensed there was a "pulsing" in the image. It could be that I am imagining it, but if I was not, is this resulting from the uploading of your film, or transfer? Please don't misunderstand - just wondering. It doesn't impact on your work. It is still nice to see B & W.

Regards,

BOB

I think the pulsing is from converting it to Flash. The QuickTime doesn't have that but now

I'm goingg to look more closely. It might be the wavering you sometimes see is Super8.

Maybe the conversion brought it out more, but I think it's just the image breaking down.

I'll let you know.

Thanks Bob.

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't film about images with movement in them? It is a lot of music with a series of stills. Only movement comes from the unsteady frame.

Hi Andries,

Good point. I was testing the camera and just wanted to shoot some nice locations. I didn't have any actor

on hand to create movement.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Andries,

Good point. I was testing the camera and just wanted to shoot some nice locations. I didn't have any actor

on hand to create movement.

Thanks,

Robert

I dont think that necessarily there has to be movement. I very much like the effect and feeling that the static shooting of those locations gives.