Lighting actors inside cars

Hi there.

I am looking to pick up a set of lights for my G&E production van. I am looking for a small light source that I can use to light actors while they are in cars (or other tight spaces).

Right now, I am deciding between a Litepanel Kit, the Kino Flo Miniflo kit, and a Lowel kit of sorts.

Does any have and pro's or con's on any of these kits? Also, which one do you get the most for your buck.

Cheers.

Thomas

Hi there.

I am looking to pick up a set of lights for my G&E production van. I am looking for a small light source that I can use to light actors while they are in cars (or other tight spaces).

Right now, I am deciding between a Litepanel Kit, the Kino Flo Miniflo kit, and a Lowel kit of sorts.

Does any have and pro's or con's on any of these kits? Also, which one do you get the most for your buck.

Cheers.

Thomas

Here is an example of a Lite Panel. We used it both in the dark of a tunnel (this shot) and in overcast daytime exteriors. Great results. I highly recommend it.

post-1142-1249416812.jpg

Here is an example of a Lite Panel. We used it both in the dark of a tunnel (this shot) and in overcast daytime exteriors. Great results. I highly recommend it.

Chris, can you please describe the light setup here? What was the key light, the fill light, how much ambient light is in the shot, etc?

--

Jim

Chris, can you please describe the light setup here? What was the key light, the fill light, how much ambient light is in the shot, etc?

--

Jim

there is one light only being used. It is a Lite Panel mini. It is placed up on the dash in the middle, aimed at the actors face. We used some diffusion on the light, can't remember how much or what kind. Everything else is ambient light. This is a jpeg from a HD master. Shot on fuji Eterna 250T S16, zeiss Super Speed 25mm.