Panavision Camera Package for Rent - New York

darylwein

Hello.

I have a $15,000 credit for a Panavision Camera Package in New York City we're looking to sell at a discounted cost of $14k. That's $1,000 you're saving, if you're about to rent a Panavision camera.

Please write back if interested.

Thanks.

• Premium Member
Because this was an award I won from a film festival for $15,000 to Panavision in New York.

Hi,

As huge discounts are standard & you want to be paid up front rather than after the event, I would be very surprised if you got more than 20-25% of face value.

Stephen

• Premium Member
That's ridiculous, Stephen. I'm not selling a used product here, i'm selling perfect credit for a rental. it's the same as if you were to go into the shop and rent $14,000 worth of equipment.

Obviously you have not been in this business very long. Good luck.

• Premium Member
That's ridiculous, Stephen. I'm not selling a used product here, i'm selling perfect credit for a rental. it's the same as if you were to go into the shop and rent $14,000 worth of equipment.

It seems sensible to me. I think that it's a helpful comment from somebody who put it nicely and who offers a

lot of helpful commentary on here.

I do think that it's ridiculous that you would respond contentiously.

Oh, by the way, you said "it's the same as if you were to go into the shop and rent $14,000 worth of equipment."

I thought that it was the same as a $15,000.00 rental for $14,000.00.

• 2 weeks later...

As I am working with someone with the same award, I have to inform you that it's not really a $15,000 award per se, it's for a specific basic package with a GII and a set of lenses, rentable up to a certain limit of time, perhaps a few weeks. If your shoot is only a weekend, you can't upgrade in order to rent $15,000 of equipment in that time. I'm not really sure if Panavision would appreciate or even allow a back door sale of the award anyway.

Jarin