lite panel 1x1

The 1 x 1 light panels work very well in limited situations. In run and gun low light environments they are unbeatable. The are light, easy to use, the batteries last a a couple of hours, they are daylight balanced. They are easy to gel to tungsten. On the down side they are not vary bright. In an interview step up I barely had enough light to get key with an HVX 200. Also the are not very soft. It is a 1x1 source. That is like a tweenie with diffusion on the doors. It certainly isn't a Chimera. Also they are very spotty. That is how they get the exposure with sure a small unit. This is good if you want to keep the BG down. I barely had the spread to over two people. Also it just isn't flexible. You can put a tweenie in a Chimera on one shot and put a slash on the back wall on the next.

thanks Bob for your experience on the panel as a workable fixture, I was also fishing for some input on the fixture being used with on board batteries other than the ones sold by the company. Lite panels also sells a battery plate for use with V-lock batteries. However IDX states that the fixture is producing a high amp draw ( according to the specs ) on the battery and that will void your battery warranty. Operating range is 18 to 24 volts for the panel. so while the fixture will strike and run for about an hour, it is doing damage to the battery pack.

thanks Bob for your experience on the panel as a workable fixture, I was also fishing for some input on the fixture being used with on board batteries other than the ones sold by the company. Lite panels also sells a battery plate for use with V-lock batteries. However IDX states that the fixture is producing a high amp draw ( according to the specs ) on the battery and that will void your battery warranty. Operating range is 18 to 24 volts for the panel. so while the fixture will strike and run for about an hour, it is doing damage to the battery pack.

Light Panels also makes an Anton Bauer Gold Mount back. I'd recommend using it with a lighter battery, such as trimpacks, hytron 50s, and dionics. Larger batteries are a little too heavy, and will overpower the light's tilt lock, making focus impossible. Or you could always just use a 4-pin connector and a battery belt.