Story of a cab driver...

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I am preparing for a short film at the moment. The story is about life of a cab driver and it will be shot on HD. The script requires a lot of night time scenes in a cab. Currently I am looking for references. Does anyone have any suggestions, any still images, any films to have a look or lighting techniques, equipment?

If you could take the time and give me some recommendations I will be grateful.

Thank you for your time in advance

Regards

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I am preparing for a short film at the moment. The story is about life of a cab driver and it will be shot on HD. The script requires a lot of night time scenes in a cab. Currently I am looking for references. Does anyone have any suggestions, any still images, any films to have a look or lighting techniques, equipment?

Regards

The two films that come to mind are Martin Scorsese's "Taxidriver" and Jim Jarmusch's "Night on Earth"

Definitely watch Collateral, you'll get a lot of good ideas from there. The August 2004 issue of AC has an article "Hell on Wheels, Paul Cameron and Dion Beebe, ACS take hi-def video to extremes on Collateral." You can get the back issue from the ASC store for $25 here http://www.ascmag.com/store/product.php?pr...at=0&page=1 .

Hi ladies and gentlemen,

Regards

definitely jim jarmusch's "night on earth" - 5 cabbies in 5 different cities around the world, all at night.