Best Glossy Inkjet Printable DVD

Joe Taylor

I've gone through two or three brands of blank Inkjet-Printable DVD's, and have mixed results. (One Generic brand that game with printer looks really good but remains tacky. Verbatim's dry well but are sort of bland and the colors run into the white areas several weeks later.) Can anybody recommend some of the best DVD's in terms of best print results? I've also looked around to see if I can find reviews or comparisons of some of the different brands with not much luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm using the Dymo DiscPainter... sure, not the best resolution, but good enough for sending out professional looking demo-reels.

However, I haven't had the best luck with printable discs. The glossy discs that the printer came with had the best resolution, but were/are tacky to the touch... months later. Not good. I bought some Verbatim semi-glossy that dried out nicely, but have a drab, dull look. Not good.

I am hoping that somebody knows from experience if there is a brand out there who is inkjet printing like me and can have the best of both worlds.

• Premium Member
I'm using the Dymo DiscPainter... sure, not the best resolution, but good enough for sending out professional looking demo-reels.

However, I haven't had the best luck with printable discs. The glossy discs that the printer came with had the best resolution, but were/are tacky to the touch... months later. Not good. I bought some Verbatim semi-glossy that dried out nicely, but have a drab, dull look. Not good.

I am hoping that somebody knows from experience if there is a brand out there who is inkjet printing like me and can have the best of both worlds.

Thanks, that's a good start for me.

Would you be able to say what printer(s) you have found to give the best results as well? Thanks.

I have the first Epson R200 inkjet printer that has the print tray, slow and a bit cumbersome at times, but it works great for a small release of 5 to 10 DVD's. Never had the tacky problem no a smearing issue (unless it gets wet).